 CAD / 12673
Re: LPub 2.3.0.7 available (ldGLite working and looks Marvelous)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 18:25:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Time for me to come in!
First of all: being able to render with LDView and LDGLite is GREAT!!!

However I have a problem: I cannot seem to be able to render in isometric view
in LDView and no images are generated using LDGLite.

Can you, Kevin, or someone else post a small guide on how to use LDView and
LDGLite?

Thanks!

Here's what I did to get LDView to work.

First, you need to be using LDView 3 Beta 1.  LPub won't work right with LDView
2.x.  In LDView, go into preferences, then to the Preference Sets tab, and
create a preference set named LPub.  Apply that change, and make sure it's
selected, then go to the General tab, and set the FOV to 0.1 (the minimum
allowed).  Set all the other settings the way you want things to look in LPub.
After you've done that, you'll probably want to switch to a different preference
set so that your LPub settings will stay the way you want them.

I found that I had to edit LPub's default config to make it render properly.  In
LPub, go to File->Save global config.  This should create a config.lpb file in
the LPub install directory.  Edit that file, and change the following settings
to the following values (the first may already be set):

pli_camera_radius 500000.000000
pli_camera_angle 0.100000

After that, it should work, aside from the already mentioned problem that
transparent parts are invisible part list view and invisible over the background
in layout view.

--Travis