 CAD / 12631
Re: LPub 2.3 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 11:54:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Is POV-Ray v3.5 also supported?

It should be.

It does, at least for me.

But I have problems with transparent parts in the layouts:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/tstlpub_0_01_ci.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/tstlpub_bom.png
while the POVed images are OK:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/tstlpub_0_01.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/3005_46.png
and with a nice background color see through.

Hi Philo,

  That is very interesting.  I'll try these cases here.  It looks like POV-Ray
is providing an alpha channel that is not completely opaque.  I didn't think it
did this.  It should be easy to fix I think.

Another problem is that I can't get LDView generate meaningful images: I only
get 5 or 6 pixel sized images.
I used the same setup as for the pov images, LDView 3.00 beta1 and default
"-PreferenceSet=LPub" (where do I check the presence of this preference set?)

The LDView and LDGLight parts are not ready for primetime.

For LDView you need to fire up LDView, create an LPub preference set, and then
use LDView with LPub.  Even then, I don't think LDView is ready for prime time
(I'll add this to the docs).  The global coordinates and camera lens angle stuff
still don't quite work right.

LDGLite has similar problems.

Cheers,

Philo