 CAD / 12733
Re: LPub 2.3.0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 14:29:26 GMT

LPub settings are the defaults.

I assume I can reset these by deleting all config files (*.lpb)

I did delete ALL *.lpb on my computer, and was able to generate ucogv
instructions using pov3.1 renderer:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/ucog_pov.png

The only small problem I had was that I needed to increase layout size (added
line "0 LPUB PAGE SIZE 1200 900" in ucogv.mpd file)

Then, with exactly the same setting and file, I changed renderer to LDgLite
(with -Z90000 option removed).
I got this image:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/ucog-ldglite.png
- BOM is missing. Probably related to the error message that I got twice while
generating CSI/PLI/Bom and once during layout generation:
"Cannot find user part image C:\Scratch\ucogv\LPub\Images\um_c.PNG_c. Did you
create construction images?" (with "OK" button)
- Arrows have a wrong orientation, while pov was OK. I seached my computer for
all arrow.dat files, I had only this one in my LDraw\parts:

_0 Arrow
_0 Name: Arrow.dat
_0 Author: Willy Tschager
_0 Unofficial Element

_4 16 0 -36 1 0 -36 -1 0 -16 -1 0 -16 1
_3 16 0 -16 5 0 -16 -5 0 -6 0
_0
The arrow problem was solved when I removed this dile, so this is a LDgLite
precedence issue: ldraw part file was used instead of mpd subfile.

Anyway, I am fairly happy with the results: see for example the "ldraw car"
instructions:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/lpub23/car.pdf

On my wish list:
- Release control of the ldraw source file when not in use, so it could be
edited without closing LPub
- Start in the latest used folder instead of Ldraw\models (sorry to look heavy
on this one ;o)
- maybe better control of the "form factor" of step boms (mostly horizontal or
mostly vertical)

Is there somewhere a documentation (even terse) of all LPub/LSynth commands?

Philo