 CAD / 12651
Re: LPub 2.3.0.6 available (ldGLite working and looks Marvelous)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 14:56:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
I'm excited about LDView and LDGlite as renderers.  I know Larry is
a big fan of outlined bricks in his building instructions.

Hi Kevin,

Can I join in the fun?  Say I want to run a minimal setup of
LPub with only ldglite as the renderer.  I had this going a while
back, but the latest version won't even let me get started.  I get
the dialog box with "Cannot find POV-Ray, LDGLite or LDView
installation Registry entries", followed by "You must install a
renderer before running LPub".  What's the magic registry entry to
tell it I have ldglite installed?

After some fixes in LPub, I got ldGlite renderer working with LPub!

The images are comparable to LDView, but ldGlite renders blindingly fast!  I
rendered all the images for pedmatic in less than 5 minutes.  Amazing.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/pedmatic-bi-ldglite

There seems to be a bit of a scale problem though....

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/pedmatic-bi-ldglite/pedmatic_0_21_ci.png

Step 22 was rendered with a portion of the foot, out of screen.  I don't know if
this is a scale problem, or a centering issue.

This bug in LPub (requiring POV-Ray) will be fixed *very* soon.

I have not eliminated the POV-Ray install requirement yet.

So far LDView and ldGLite have only been verified on XP.  I want to debug it
under Windows98 before I do anything else.

Until I get the POV-Ray addiction problem solved, here is the magic registry
entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LPUB\RENDERERS\ldglite

Set this entry with the full path name of the executable you want to test.

Well Larry, it only took me a couple of years, but I got LPub working with
ldGlite, just like you asked!

Kevin