 CAD / 12725
Re: Minor Bug Re: LPub 2.3.0.7 available (ldGLite working and looks Marvelous)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 09:24:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
I just noticed a minor bug.  For reasons that I don't understand, my layout
images are being generated at 800x600, even though I changed all the 800x600
dimensions in the config file to 1280x960.  (That's not the bug; I assume I'm
just missing something.  If it's something obvious, feel free to let me know
what.)

You are missing:

LPUB PAGE SIZE <width> <height>

The bug I noticed when doing this is that the model itself shows through
transparent parts in the BOM for each step.  Take a look a the image linked
below.

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/car_0_06_ci.png

Notice that the edge of the windshield from the model itself shows behind the
windshield in the BOM.  Here is the part image:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/car_0_06_parts.PNG

If you open this part image up in Photoshop, you'll see that the windscreen
transparency is in the image.  It looks like your compositing code isn't
properly dealing with the alpha channel, since entire image should remain opaque
when you composite a transparent item onto an opaque background.  Note that this
seems to happen with all transparent parts, but it's only really visible with
clear transparent parts.  The colored transparent parts are dark enough that you
don't really notice.

You are right.  I'll look into that.

--Travis

Kevin