 Administrative / General / 5692
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:48:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
It would probably also surprise you to know that we have a bit of a private
joke between us concerning the phrase "stuff 'em".

You know, Mike, this just may be true -- there is just no way that anyone else
could have known this; and given that, I had to assume you meant something at
least along the lines of the commonly understood colloquial meaning.  Its not
like I tried to suggest that my use of the word "ass" meant anything than what
it does mean.  I just happen not to think its that big a deal.  I think I have
even heard it on T.V [actually, I am sure that I have heard that and worse in
sitcoms].

Its ridiculous, in my view, for Todd to hold us all to a standard higher than
that of primetime television programming.  If TV isn't representative of mass
culture, then I don't know what is.

Now you're the one trying to run to Mommy (your word, I don't think of Todd
that way - he looks and acts nothing like my mother, nor do I need him to
function as she does) to get someone else in trouble because you're mad that
you were punished and I wasn't.

This is ridiculous on its face.  I never come to Todd for anything unless he
is exerting his administrative muscle against me.  I would rather he didn't,
but if he is going to I just happen to think that you should be included in
this little time-out from Dear Lego.  If Todd had done nothing, I wouldn't be
addressing him here at all.  After Frank asked for ass-istance on this
subject, I asked for fairness in the manner in which any censure would be
carried out.

Funny, I didn't read "I resent [...] but I'll give you the benefit of the
doubt" as much of an apology.

Do you actually just NOT read anything I have written, or what?  Please see:

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=5654

I think I apologized and voiced my objection in an even-handed, good-natured
manner.

(the fact that I choose not to violate the ToS like you did has nothing to do
with fear of losing posting privileges)

No, I think you violated the Terms of Use as much as anyone involved in this
strange little affair.  I think I have shown that what you said is commonly
deemed a vulgarity.  Whether Todd chooses to do anything about it is up to
him.  So, have your little Thorazine induced daydream about how you are the
good guy and I am the bad guy -- just stop doing it on my time.

In ways good and bad, Todd runs the show here.  Todd is the arbiter of what he
thinks is cool on Lugnet.  I think there is intentionally a lot of wiggle room
in the Terms of Use as they are currently stated.  Wiggle room currently being
used against myself and Tom.

But whatever...

-- Richard