 Administrative / General / 5686
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:16:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
Actually, to my mind you should suffer precisely the same penalty as Tom and I
are expected to suffer.  I have shown your use of vulgarity to my own
satisfaction if no one else's.

It would probably surprise you to find out that I routinely make fun of a
student buddy of mine for the side job he took at a mutual fund company.  The
job that was supposed to be primarily web design and PC support and turned
into, at least several days a month, envelope stuffing.  It would probably
also surprise you to know that we have a bit of a private joke between us
concerning the phrase "stuff 'em".

I'm not saying I expect you (or anyone else) to believe that I merely was
thinking that you should stuff your namecalling into an envelope (our private
joke probably leans more toward the vulgar than that) but the _reality_ is,
there is a difference between implying something and saying it.  You broke the
ToS in a rather explicit way.

Now you're the one trying to run to Mommy (your word, I don't think of Todd
that way - he looks and acts nothing like my mother, nor do I need him to
function as she does) to get someone else in trouble because you're mad that
you were punished and I wasn't.

I personally don't care about it, though.  I know for a fact if Todd thought I
deserved the same penalty you and Tom are dealing with he would have said so.
I trust Todd's judgement, and that wouldn't change if he decided you were
right on this particular nit you're trying to pick.

And I can be held accountable for what I wrote.  I already apologized.  I
accept being temporarily banned from Dear Lego. End of story.

Funny, I didn't read "I resent [...] but I'll give you the benefit of the
doubt" as much of an apology.

I just want you banned as well, for as long as Tom and myself.

Well, if I were concerned about being banned from .dear-lego (the fact that I
choose not to violate the ToS like you did has nothing to do with fear of
losing posting privileges) I'd worry about that.  Since I'm not, though, I'll
just say you're entitled to your opinion, but fortunately for us all, you
don't make policy here.