 Administrative / General / 5689
5688  |  5690
Subject:
This new subject doesn't reset the thread (Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:10:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Marchetti writes:

The first post I made could have floated off into Dear Lego space without
comment from any of you.  You selected yourselves in, plain and simple.

Can you clarify this thinking for me? I think I posted to the thread before
you did.

No.  I changed the subject line.  How many times do I have to state that
simple fact?  Change of subject line constitutes a new thread in my book.

What's the netiquette standard?

Starting a new thread means actually using the new vs. reply functionality
(different browser or newsreader command or button), I'd say. I'm not sure of
an official standard, but that's my opinion.

If that weren't the case, then this post is the start of a new thread. But it
won't be, by the way Todd implemented the thread tree, it will be in the tree
right below yours since it's a reply to yours.

That to me suggests that at least there is a defacto standard based on the
technology of how things work.

++Lar