 Administrative / General / 5671
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:27:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
You guys selected yourselves in for discussion, often disparaging either me
personally or my views in a variety of ways.  I defended on both counts. But
since you picked yourselves -- yeah, it was sort of fun for me to watch, with
car wreck fascination, what you guys would come up with next. But you had
control to skip on it, as even Larry commented in one post.  If you couldn't
take the heat some of you wished to serve up, you should have passed on it
altogether.

Ah, I see.  You can't actually be held accountable for what you wrote, of your
own free will, because you were merely responding to what we wrote.  So even
if you (and Tom, of course) are the only ones who have been identified as
actually violating the ToS, you can't actually be held responsible for that
because you were just "giving like you got" ... except you gave more than you
got, otherwise Larry and I would have received the same banishment as you guys
did.

I remember fights I used to have with my cousin (I think I was 6 at the time)
where "but he started it" sounded like a good excuse... Never seemed to work,
though.

Oh, and I'll refrain from using a diminuitive of your name (potentially vulgar
or otherwise) if you'll refrain from doing so with my name.