 Administrative / General / 5646
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:34:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
Offended by the opinions expressed or the words used? The name-calling has
been pretty much equal IMHO. If you're offended by the actual words, then I
think you've missed a larger chance to be offended in Tom's post.

I am offended by the language used (though I consider calling people
asses much more offensive than telling someone to **** off).

I agree that people shouldn't partake in name-calling etc, but to be fair - in
the context of the (heated) debate, the name-calling was not just one-way.
Which I was why I was more offended by the latter post - my opinion :)

I'm also offended by the opinions expressed, however, while I can expect Todd
to do something about the words used (because of the T&C we all agreed to) I
can't expect Todd to do anything about the opinions (other than speak
his own mind about them, which he has).

Agreed too - I think the T&C also cover 'trouble-makers', but again to be
fair, I think Richard Marchetti was right when he said that he'd hit a sore
spot.. and I wouldn't single out anyone to blame for the culminating debate.

Richard