 Administrative / General / 5669
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:32:47 GMT

http://www.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=2001
http://www.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=1906

You are taking two isolated statements made in very different contexts (and
from different threads) and trying to lump them together (apparently similar
to your thought process).  The former example is certainly that of one who is
willing to defend a position, not necesaarily one who creates the dispute to
begin with.  Read it as: "I have an agenda, contend with me and I will
defend."  Why is that controversial?

I don't think you get to say "I'm being incendiary, but it's all in fun" after
the fact, and I don't think you can insult people and in the same breath claim
that you're trying to end a discussion and bring calm.

I can't see why not, its always in fun although I have a serious point to
make.  And if others can insult me, I can insult them right back without
having to run to Mommy here (Todd) to silence my opposition as other have
apparently done to silence me.  Its funny that Frank, who I was particularly
NOT attacking (and I have stated this publically and privately), has chosen
this route of defense.

And I never stated that I was trying to stop the dispute or bring calm, only
that I did not intend to start the dispute and took initial steps to NOT
particularize the subject of discussion.  After that it was out of my
exclusive control. Stop the logical shell game, Larry -- I am on to you even
if others are not.

The first post I made could have floated off into Dear Lego space without
comment from any of you.  You selected yourselves in, plain and simple.

Just my opinion, and note carefully that I'm NOT saying that I didn't stir
things up too, but I don't see it as being the same degree at all. Not at all.

Everyone thinks this about what they write.  The difference is that I am
willing to believe your intentions whereas you are uncivilized enough to
question mine.

O Logos, Ethos, Pathos -- where will it end?

-- Richard