 Administrative / General / 5645
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:11:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Richard Franks wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:

I have to side with Mike here also. I am offended by the use of this
language.

Offended by the opinions expressed or the words used? The name-calling has
been pretty much equal IMHO. If you're offended by the actual words, then I
think you've missed a larger chance to be offended in Tom's post.

I am offended by the language used (though I consider calling people
asses much more offensive than telling someone to piss off). I'm also
offended by the opinions expressed, however, while I can expect Todd to
do something about the words used (because of the T&C we all agreed to),
I can't expect Todd to do anything about the opinions (other than speak
his own mind about them, which he has).

I have to say that several times in this discussion (and the previous
discussions about the T&C and auction posts an all that) that I have
felt strongly enough that normally I would use offensive language, but
have chosen to respect Lugnet and use less offensive words. Am I being
too restrained?

I'm glad that you have been restrained. It's one of the reasons that I usually
try to read your posts - they aren't ranty.

Richard

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com