 Administrative / General / 5702
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:30:16 GMT

Maybe I shouldn't feel insulted by this, but I am [sic].

No, don't.  Give me the benefit of the doubt.

We are all very grateful for Lugnet and all of your other work for this
community, Todd.  Don't be too easy to take offense when you know we are just
trying to hash something out here.

I guess I AM a little confused as to how this administrative stuff works.  It
was my understanding that you had some undeclared standard for banning people
of which you were the sole judge, now you are telling me that its just rule of
the mob.  Attempting a standard achieved by consensus might prove
prohibitively complicated.  So ultimately I guess I would have to say that I
would favor the you as sole judge model even though that's not what we have
(well, sort of yes/sort of no).

Its true that my attempt to make a serious post to Dear Lego foundered rather
badly (Thanks, guys! ::grumble, grumble::).  If others, like Mike and Tom and
Larry, will agree to stop posting to the thread -- so will I.  And I will
second Mike's suggestion that the thread be moved off somewhere or even
deleted in whole or in part if you find it embarassing.

I bear no malice towards anyone involved in this thread.  I shall set it aside
and move on.  This will be MY approach to mending the rift, others must do as
they see fit.

Todd, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have suffered because of the
thread.

Not one more word from me to Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is
Cool!).

=o|      <----me with gagged lips.

-- Richard (::psst, you can lift the block whenever you are ready, Todd::)