 Administrative / General / 5668
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:13:07 GMT

Mikey:

What I am saying is that my original post was not intended to rile anyone up.
Many of my subsequent posts were not intended to rile anyone up.  Some of you
other fellow posters in the thread felt free to get up my nose about things, I
likewise felt free to do so in return.  In the meanwhile, my singular control
of precisely what was under discussion (a hypothetical) fell apart and became
part of what others wished to discuss (their own anecdotal circumstances).

My intentions cannot be scrutinized while I lack control of the thread. Its
ridiculous on its face.  There was what I was trying to say, what you were
trying to say, and then some strange hybrid of the two floating in space which
neither of us intended at all.

I assert that I did not intend any of this, and certainly not this witch hunt -
- which is what it sort of feels like recalling your so very early shots at my
presumed politics (of which you were very wrong about, BTW).

You guys selected yourselves in for discussion, often disparaging either me
personally or my views in a variety of ways.  I defended on both counts. But
since you picked yourselves -- yeah, it was sort of fun for me to watch, with
car wreck fascination, what you guys would come up with next. But you had
control to skip on it, as even Larry commented in one post.  If you couldn't
take the heat some of you wished to serve up, you should have passed on it
altogether.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to reread the thread, but that's REALLY the way
it is.  I can very easily see why none of you is willing to admit that you
selected yourselves in -- its too embarassing.

-- Richard