 Administrative / General / 5712
Re: This new subject doesn't reset the thread (Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 02:16:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

richard marchetti wrote in message ...
YOU HAVE SELECTED YOURSELF IN FOR INCLUSION IN THE ARGUMENT

and are then free to have the fun you so richly deserve.

That still doesn't entitle you to insult people. If I say "All people who
live in East Boogle are morons." (thinking that's a totally fake location)
and someone says "hey, I live in East Boogle", you've still insulted them,
in fact, if anything, it's a worse insult than an intentional insult. I find
this also similar to using stereotypes or telling ethnic jokes.

Another point, it's almost impossible to create a hypothetical scenario to
debate some issue which is not in some way tied to real examples of the
issue. You were attempting to debate how unfair it was that someone would be
contacted by TLC and be given the opportunity to buy all of some set. Well,
guess what, the whole conversation got started because Larry was given just
this opportunity. How is he supposed to say "well, gee, Richard really isn't
talking about me in his example"?

Frank