 Administrative / General / 5651
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:39:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
same response is given each time. Ultimately, the whole debate turns into a
shouting competition, and then it all fizzles out after some name calling.
Consensus is seldom reached. I do not have enough experience of the "net" to
say if this is a problem that only LUGNET has(?).

Well, in a lot of ways there could never be a consensus on this issue.  You're
looking at two sides that are completely unlike each other.  One side is
content to let market forces continue to work while the other seems to want to
ignore those same forces, "regulate" a private company to force it to act
contrary to its own best business interests, and make the world a nice fuzzy
place with no sharp corners and happiness for everyone.

I am convinced that a lot of the big noise makers here, would not say "boo"
to a goose in real life{1}.

I've never been close enough to a goose to say anything to one, but you may be
right in some cases.