 Administrative / General / 5675
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:49:45 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
Langauge aside, .dear-lego isn't the place to stir up a big off-topic[1]
commotion like that.  I'll bet you could stir up the same commotion in
.off-topic.debate or .market.theory and not get complained about by half
a dozen or more people.

For the record: that wasn't my intention.  And actually, I resent the
implication that it WAS my intention

No implication or insinuation of intentions was made.  Whether intentional or
unintentional, as one of the main participants (if not the main participant),
the result was that you said things which stirred up (or helped stir up, or
were a catylist in the stirring up of, pick one) a large, off-topic and
misplaced commotion, resulting in complaints from a number of people.

Do that in .off-topic.debate or .market.theory, not in .dear-lego.

-- but I will give you the benefit of the
doubt, and assume instead that your words get sloppy sometimes too.

Thank you.

But I have already tried to explain several times now how and why I took
steps to avoid this storm of nonsense.

In the end, those steps were ineffective.  Next time, try migrating the
discussion to an appropriate group.  Early posts in the thread were on-topic
for .dear-lego (open letters/opinions to LEGO), but it broke down quickly
into name-calling (off-topic for .dear-lego) and arguing (off-topic for
.dear-lego).

You either believe in my sincerity or you don't.

It's neither my place nor my wish in this to honor or doubt anyone's sincerity,
only to deal with the problem of the commotion.

The manner in which others included themselves into my argument was
absolutely self-imposed.

Agreed.

Spellbinding, in fact...who can account for it?

Human nature.

--Todd