 Administrative / General / 5705
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:02:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
[...]
I guess I AM a little confused as to how this administrative stuff works.
It was my understanding that you had some undeclared standard for banning
people of which you were the sole judge, now you are telling me that its
just rule of the mob.

I am not telling you that, no.  If you go back and read what I wrote earlier
(carefully, slowly), you'll see that there were multiple factors, not the
least of which was repeated off-topic postings to .dear-lego.

When people get upset and complain, it raises the awareness to a problem.
If people don't get upset and don't complain, the problem may still be
visible, but generally it is less so.

Todd, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have suffered because of the
thread.

Thank you, but I'm just doing my job.  I don't need to be apologized to.
(Thanks anyway, though, it's nice to hear.)

Not one more word from me to Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is
Cool!).

I thought you had a lot of good things to say...in fact I rated a couple of
your early messages 100.  I disagreed with the underlying assumptions about
the way companies work but I saw what you were getting at beneath that.  If
you could start over in a few days and try to be more objective, it may help
LEGO to hear those views.  Advise:  Don't tell LEGO it is doing anything
wrong or foolish vis-a-vis the Outlet Stores and big spenders...instead point
out how, while this is perfectly fair in a capitalistic free market, it leaves
humans (who have feelings) feeling tangibly disappointed.

--Todd