 Administrative / General / 5740
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:42:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Frankly, I'm a little miffed at the way Todd wrote off my "interpreting
myself in"
(Did I miss a critical post anywhere?  I've had my head in the books for most
of the past 48 hours and for the tail end of this I've only caught about 1/2
of the debate.)
I was refering to this post:
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=5675
In particular this part of it:
The manner in which others included themselves into my argument was
absolutely self-imposed.
Agreed.

Hrm, I must be misunderstanding what RichardM meant.  When he wrote...

The manner in which others included themselves into my argument was
absolutely self-imposed.  Spellbinding, in fact...who can account for it?

...I read that as his simply stating that other people got involved into his
argument by their own choice -- that no one held a gun to anyone's head and
forced them to argue with him.  But of course it's only human nature to
respond (not that there's anything wrong with responding!).  When I wrote
"agreed" it was only agreeing with his (what I believe is an) objectively
and patently true statement.  If he was trying to communicate scorn with
that statement (I wasn't trying to read between the lines), then I missed it,
and I shouldn't have written "agreed."

--Todd

p.s.  Thanks for clarifying.