  *88109 (-100)
  Re: Praise from the US!!!!

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Carbon 60 (<MPG.12d2fdb7c5ea4a...gnet.com>) wrote at 17:03:22 (...) You want a committee, already? After Liam's suggestion, I gave strong guidance. I think that's the best way of putting it. If you want to keep clear of this, I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  ldraw.org reference

Tim Courtney. prepare to drewl... here is a zip file of REFERENCE. for ldraw/ledit for colors, and a beginning on parts reference. one more thing.. me have no phone so no internet (poo) im coping with the pain (wipes tears from eyes) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  i sure do hate working off govt computers (SSSHHHHH)

dang no files... ok here is a zip address for torsos www.geocities.com/tb...torsos.zip (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Maybe "Dear Lego" sub groups would help

(...) [crossposted to .admin.general & .dear-lego; followups to .admin.general] Here is a summary of all the group names I've seen mentioned so far in the current brainstorming session. I listed the names in categories just for temporary (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) The Wal-Marts here have the Advent calendars marked down to $10, much better than their typical ~33% off clearance prices. Steve (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Instructions on CD ROM?

Hi, Because my kids destroyed my catalogs from 1990 until 1998 downloaded i the catalogs from 1966 until 1997 and burned them on CD. Now i can search for some items without being on-line. The CD is self starting (Autoplay) with some special software (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  New sensor adapter?

Just saw this on (URL) the RCX, data is collected from LEGO sensors, such as temperature, touch, light and rotation. In addition, a new sensor adapter will allow sensors from other manufacturers to be used with the RCX. Does anyone have any more (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: General Box #5

Sign me up as well. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) Filz wrote in message <3868C734.15FB@minds...ng.com>... (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

I don't know about with these two methods. What I used wasa soft gum eraser and rubbing alcohol. Get the eraser fragments embedded in some cotton, and you will be able to remove the decal without scratching. It took a LONG time to remove it, but (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

Hear, hear! Airboxes must go! Rob ---...--- (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  FA ebay: 5122 pirate service pack

Please have a look: (URL) also have two of the 5134 shooting cannon packs as leftover from an ebay auction. I sell them for $25 incl. shipping to the first one who responds. Arnold -- ***...*** I HATE EBAY (when I'm the bidder): (URL) in all it's (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Instructions on CD ROM?

(...) I have now downloaded around 80% of Brickshelf's instruction scans and am getting ready to burn some CDs. Has anyone else done this yet? I'm wondering about the best division of files between the CDs and how to handle future additions. Also, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Carved Lion Head Block?

(...) be (...) castle (...) The tan castle pieces seem to beg the question: Why hasn't Lego produced an all-tan Crusader Castle series? I've always looked to the Krak de Chevaliers and other crusader castles for inspiration, and tan castle elements (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Arctic sets are awesome!

(...) I am impressed with the new arctic sets as well. The polybag method has been around since Town Junior, but the most important aspect has been the good parts, and the ability to build a lot of model variations. I have so many model thoughts on (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Thanks for the welcome

(...) [snipped Brad's letter: part 3] (...) Yes, that would! I'm sure there would be MUCH controversy over that, though. Maybe it should be catagorized (by themes, I mean - i.e. Castle parts, Train parts, etc.). (...) I second the motion! I'll buy (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I got a defective part!

(...) I bought an 8444 yesterday (US$17.90 on clearance at Target :) and I noticed that the various blue elements came in about three different shades of blue. Some were normal LEGO blue, but some were darker than normal and a lot of them were (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Arctic sets are awesome!

Hey fellow AFOLs have you guys been as impressed as me with the new Arctic subtheme? I love the way each individual set component (i.e. vehicles, structures, etc) is polybagged with a picture of it on the bag. This is a great way to do things and I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Carved Lion Head Block?

(...) I like the tan. It's not unusual to use a different type of stone for decorative elements of a building. I've seen this done on a lot of Greek temples, for example. Such as the sandstone Ionic frieze found on a Doric temple whose name and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Ideal Expansion or Companion to RIS

My wife bought me the huge Code Pilot set for Christmas (taking advantage of the Lego S@H $99 price), and it is a near-perfect expansion to the RIS. Two clutch gears (!!!), another differential, great wheels, a zillion parts (well, more than 1,300 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: nqc -firmware

(...) I've had some problems with this with an older version of nqc. If you give it a timeout of 70 or more (I believe), this should fix your problem. I believe the flag is -timeout or -t. Tim Tim Gion tcg3j@cs.virginia.edu (fastest) or (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Heelo World

Hi, My name's Dave Leeper and I've been reading the message a lugnet.robotics for a few weeks now, and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been a computer programmer for 17 years and just started getting into robotics about a month ago with my (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Motorbike Part

Dear All I was wondering if anybody knew of the motorbike part for LDraw as it would be very helpful to me. Also how do you find original part numbers from lego bricks if anyone can help me with this please reply yours sincerly Richard M (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bulk Legos

(...) Ebay and other toy auction sites are a good place to check. The Lego store might have them too (forgot URL, just surf around) Jeff (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  nqc -firmware

Hi All, Last weekend, I finally had some spare time and took the opportunity to program my RCX with NQC. Sure beats the heck out the RCX code! However, I had some problems downloading the firmware before I could download my code. I used the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Bulk Legos

Well, being the proud recipient of the Mindstorms 1.5 kit (Thanks Santa) I have quickly gone back in time to my lego building days. (My wife has no idea what she has done) I found this list and had to join. I've looked through the FAQ and still (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  The Nugator Company - Free Shipping - Trains Coming Soon

There are only a few days left to take advantage of the Free shipping offer from the Nugator Company ((URL) Offer end at midnight (est) on December 31st. We have also ordered over 24,000 new pieces that will be avaible the first week in january. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Cote Dor Christmas promo sets!

Op een zekere dag, te weten Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:32:01 GMT, klom jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper Janssen) in het toetsenbord en schreef ons: (...) Hmm, I'm a AFOL dutchman living in Austria (Vienna), but I didn't see these promos. Have to look more (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

(...) John Kelly is more experienced with this than I am, but I did spend a few hours in the model shop once... :-) The 'glue' is MEK: Methyl Ethyl Keytone. (Spelling?) Very nasty stuff, dangerous fumes, etc. Vent fans are placed within about a foot (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  minifig police torso

bitmap format. 3rd torso same thing.. colors (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  minifig police torso

bitmap format. 3rd torso (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Parts and Instructions to Swap

I've been lurking this group for a while, now I'd like to offer some of my spares collection to you guys. Check out what I have (and what I'm missing) at (URL) a load more really rare parts which I'll make available if this goes well... Cheers, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Webb, Roman Imperial Coinage

Well, just to show that this list/group is indeed the friendliest and most tolerant out there ... I couldn't find the book you were looking for, but a search for "Roman Imperial Coinage" at amazon.com produced six matches, which are listed below. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  minifig police torso

bitmap format. second torso color 0 should be color 16. will change (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Flying Ninja Fortress $59.00 @ Walmart

(...) Don't buy them for that. If you do, you're probably killing any chance that they'll go cheaper in the coming weeks. (...) Don't bet on it. Just because Target is discounting a set doesn't mean Wal-Mart will, and on-hand stock doesn't seem to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  minifig police torso

bitmap format. second torso needs pd2.dat (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  minifig police torso

bitmap format. CRASHES IN LEDIT (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  minifig police torso

bitmap format (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

(...) I don't know how helpful this is, bu John Kelly used to work in the model shop, and posted about what they used (at the time): (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

Hello there, It looks like it would be very easy to ask the master builders of TLC or TLC themself of what kind of glue they use to build their model. And they use also a hammer to seal the pieces together. I don't know where to write them about (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

I use a cyanoacryilic glue (like Loctite) and I'm very happy with the results. Some Duplo I glued years ago survived my two kids' heavy use and is still there in good shape. All of my homebrew sensors have been glued that way. Mario (...) I (...) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) True enough... everyone's opinion differs (as obviated by the frequent posts on the issue :) ) (...) Actually, I'd disagree... Lego's niche is not in playability-- it's in creativity. There are PLENTY of toys that do cool things with trapdoors (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Praise from the US!!!!

In article <d6VYlLAe6oY4EwYt@yo...on.co.uk>, Tony@you- rang.demon.co.uk says... (...) Why me? :-) You didn't organise the tower last time IIRC. The event may be late February - I have access to more resources then (could be cheaper!). (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

I tried Plasti Zap (found at Hobby Lobby) and it worked great. To test it, I glued two ruined 2x4 plates together. When I tried to pull them apart, the bricks actually broke before the bond did. I was so thankful that this stuff worked because I was (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Loco, Creator and Chess £29.99

In article <Fn99uH.Ar1@lugnet.com>, jgold@cableinet.co.uk says... (...) I don't think they come with the promo sets though. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  [Fwd: Undeliverable: pneumatic info]

-- MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: 1. Content-type: MESSAGE/RFC822 Content-Length: 2150 (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  8448 ... ho gia' una molla ad aria rotta!

Oggi ho ripreso in mano la mia 8448, provo ad aprire una porta e ... niente! Si e' infatti rotta una delle due molle ad aria ed in particolare cilindro nero con collarino che si incastra nel corpo in plastica trasparente. La parte di questo che (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  WWT for red fire pieces

I am trying to complete a #6650 and need the following pieces. (2) 1x1 blue clear plate (3) 1x1 red plate (2) 1x1 red brick with knob on side pair red small door with fire symbol red 2x4x2 brick with hose reel, string and grey nozzle black minfig (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: On the subject of gluing

When using Crazy Glue, I found the plastic was melting ie: collor runnoff. -Rich (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8001 Battle Droid is awesome!

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Christopher Lannan (<FnGJzx.7pM@lugnet.com>) wrote at 15:50:21 (...) There are a couple of us in the UK at least, who have them. I got mine last Wednesday, and built it that evening. It's a very pleasing model to build, but with (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Feared misconception about the Star Wars sets.

I fear that TLC may attribute the strong sales of the Star Wars sets to Star Wars fanaticism rather than good set design. I realize that putting the "Star Wars" name on anything is going to increase sales and in fact it is what got me back into LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars)

  On the subject of gluing

I note Marios comment; (...) I agree with cut saw and drill, but glue? So far, everything I have tried remains "fragile". I remember, a long time ago, before people used glue for "recreational" purposes, there were glues for models which actually (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Hi, We bought an unopenend Lego Loco at a discount store and I can't get it to load on the computer. Install shield comes on, runs for awhile, shutsdown and then my computer runs super slow until I reboot. Any ideas or suggestions for me to try. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.games.lego.loco)

  Re: I got a defective part!

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Selçuk <teyyareci> (<FnGCwB.C4A@lugnet.com>) wrote at 09:45:34 (...) Mine was the same, which is weird. I've just compared them with my 928, which has just come out of a sealed box, so I know the parts are genuinely about (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loading Lego Loco

Sorry, I mainly watch postings in trains and marketplace so wasn't sure where to go with this. (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) Is there any reason why you attacked the canopy? That's one piece where I like the printing... (...) Agreed, but I prefer printing to stickers (and I especially prefer printing to STAMPs) for control panels and the like. Stickers would have (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Shell Actie

Hoi, De Shell actie zit in de laatste week, en een boel tank-stations verkopen nu hun voorraad zonder de verplichte tankbeurt/bonnen. Ik was gisteren bij de Shell-pomp in Best en de dozen waren in de vrije verkoop. Kortom de grote dozen kosten (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  (canceled)

  FS: Mindstorms RIS 1.0 w/1.5 upgrade ($170), RDS ($110)

I'm going to put these up on Ebay, but I figured I'd let you guys get first shot at them. I have 5 RIS 1.0 sets to sell. These are the "good" ones, with the AC plug on the RCX brick. I have already ordered the 1.5 upgrade kits, they are included. I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Sync. Errors

Hello all, For all of you that guessed Com port setting you were correct. I had rechecked them before but had no gone into the advanced settings tab. There are two settings for UART transmit and receive buffers. I had both of them at the lowest (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

Hi Nick, Thanks for the additional info. I haven't used nevr dull on a textured slope, just the smooth transparent pieces and a smooth black piece from the police headquarters. I just tried it on a stars wars x-wing smoked canopy and it came out (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8001 Battle Droid is awesome!

(...) Does your reply, Tony, mean that you have a Destroyer Droid? If so, I think you're the first Lugneteer to to get one. All I have seen so far is second hand reports that say some other website reports that some guy saw some on shelves, etc. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Schronization Problems

Hello all, I'm going to add to the list of HB that no longer work after not using it for about 1 month. I have included the listing from IC below, but here's some additional info. The board goes into bootstrap fine. Both lights go out and then the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

Brad, I've gotten a few "special" sets, 1775 and 2149 in particular, that are densely packed in order to take up as little storage space as possible. It would be nice if TLC would start to package ALL of their sets this way. Almost all of the 1999 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 8001 Battle Droid is awesome!

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Hari Wiguna (<FnFszs.Jnt@lugnet.com>) wrote at 06:10:46 (...) Pretty much the same, although more complex and less robust. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Richard Marchetti (<FnEyty.98r@lugnet.com>) wrote at 19:15:34 (...) That depends. (...) This is a very AFOL oriented view. If you look at it as a toy for a young person, it has to be playable when finished. And by and large, the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Newbie's questions

(...) I personally used the clutch gears more to build timing tolerant mechanisms than to protect motors from damages. I mean in those cases when you want your motor to move something up to a point and then "slip", and you don't want to use a sensor (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Hard to say... you are measuring it to a very demanding scale... Pirates and Castle (and Space) are the most popular themes LEGO has produced; it's a hard act to follow. I liked western - some good sets for parting out(1), and decent (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) And what about a desert theme with 1. cattle skeleton 2. cactuses 3. vultures 4. coyote Arnold (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Set 6600 Highway Construction

(...) Yep, you get 3 4x18 bricks. What's most sad about this set is the grey 2x4x3 bricks in the pylons. I just finished building everything last night. The construction vehicles are decent, though a little under detailed. There is only one (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston Transit Fun

(...) The best place I can suggest for anyone in the Toronto, Ont area to visit for ideas of light rail equipment is the Halton County Radial Museum, near Rockwood, Ont. First rate, they have lots of ex-TTC stuff, including #4000, the first Toronto (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) The (...) I definitely disagree here. IMHO the models were juniorized indeed: just think of the bank, general store, and bandits' hideout! , even though there were some BURPs (cough, (...) Another oddity was the assemblage of the four Fort (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Canadian Tire has Planetary Prowler(6919) on sale $19.99 reg $49.99

G'Day Subject says it all. Yes I know it is a "buggie / lousy" set but I think it has some great parts for MOC's. (Just know those Insectoid legs will come in handy for a Rubegoldberg type contraption). Cheers Oliver Play Well. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  [The] Two books reviewed

[The] Two books reviewed (no, don't bother asking *which* two books. You *know* which books I'm talking about.) (URL) -russ nelson <sig@russnelson.com> (URL) sells support for free software | PGPok | "Ask not what your country 521 Pleasant Valley (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

Please be careful with this stuff. I used Never-Dull on a sloped piece and it completely melted the texture from the slope. I would recommend not using Never-Dull, it is too strong, and stick with Brasso. -Nick (...) wear (...) post (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Newbie's questions

Hi, (...) Last week I faxed all the firms mentioned on (URL) for mindstorms and technic parts. They all pointed me to Technik-LPE GmbH Technische Medien - Schulausstattung Postfach 1121 Schwanheimer Strasse 27 D-69412 EBERBACH Germany Tel: + 49 62 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Racers too violent?

(...) The cannon is there because Lego doesn't make military toys! Dave! (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Re: General Box #5

Sign me up for GB #5 (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  WTT Magic for Lego

Would anyone be willing to trade some of their Lego sets for a variety of Magic cards? I don't have a ready made list of the cards I have, but would be willing to throw one together for you if need be. If you are interested, contact me at (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

<snip> (...) post (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: awfully quiet here.

(...) I thought it was quiet too. I'm not building a ship yet though. I'm still trying to map everything out. On paper at least, it looks like my ship will be roughly 32 studs wide X 90 studs or so long. More than likely I'm headed toward a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Lego Racers too violent?

Oil slicks, faster engines and shields, perhaps. But why the cannon? Nik is in the test track as we speak, firing cannonballs at the grandstand audience. Sigh. At least they didn't simulate blood and guts. I do like some of the effects (if you (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Re: LEGO Racers demo

(...) Fess up, was THAT the consulting gig you did? <grins, ducks and runs... Suz will probably never tell what she did, that would be a violation of contract, I imagine> (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Per chi ama treni e plastici

Su Quattroruote di gennaio 2000, pagina 36, c'è un articolo di due pagine che inizia così:"Tutto vero: 180 scambi, 2 chilometri di binari, 64 treni [...] 480 carrozze, 193 locomotive". E ci sono alcune foto di questo plastico incredibile in scala (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: LEGO Racers demo

I'm not sure when LMI put up the link, but it was news to me. So I did a search here before posting. I did find this from a while back: (URL) this download site lacked the extra info of the developer's dedicated area. Looks like it's been getting (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Re: Trasmissioni IR per HPC

(...) visto (...) Purtroppo temo che non abbiamo ancora esperti in questo campo :-) Prova a dare un occhiata al messaggio: (URL) fa parte di questo thread: (URL) qualcosa anche in questo: (URL) ho trovato niente di più. Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: I got a defective part!

"SG" == Selçuk <teyyareci> <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> writes: SG> I've received an Aerial Enforcer (8444) as a early gift for the new year, SG> and the two new 90 degree angle beams used in its nose are having different SG> shades of blue. I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  SV: Newbie's questions

Check out your local lego (www.lego.de) for a spares list. Most propably they won't have large turntables, but they may have. I think lego europe should stock these. Lego Sweden didn't have any, but found some in some opened packkages they had. If (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Instruction bloopers (was: Re: More studs in holes...)

(...) Eek. It's like the black gear rack is partially transparent or something. How about this: In the version that I have of the instruction manual for set 8440, page 31 (that's in the alternative model) the parts list for step 8 is duplicated. The (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: I got a defective part!

I've received an Aerial Enforcer (8444) as a early gift for the new year, and the two new 90 degree angle beams used in its nose are having different shades of blue. I didn't see anything like that up to this time, even between bricks from sets one (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Connecting DIMM-PC to PCMCIA?

I know DIMM-PC is smaller than the PC-104 but it would be a lot easier to use the PC-104 PCMCIA interface than build your own. I also think there is better support for the PC-104 and more choice of processor and expandability. James Pritchard ----- (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8448 (era Re: tuttitubi????)

(...) A casa mia, io ne ho 5 :-) Le ho comprate da DYA shopping prima che finissero con l'intento, confesso, puramente speculativo di rivenderle su e-bay al momento giusto. Però se proprio proprio ne vuoi una potrei fare un'eccezione... Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Flying Ninja Fortress $59.00 @ Walmart

Troy Cefaratti wrote in message ... <snip ninjas> (...) I doubt that the Mos Espa Pod Race will go on clearance yet - its only been on the market for about 8 months, right? Are SW sets not going to be on shelves the normal 2 years? I'd thought they (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

I think spending thousands on Lego toys does not reflect your Love of the Brick, but may well reflect on your sanity or your worldly success. I also thought your addendum to the Lego geek code was quite clever, and it caused an LOL or two here. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

John Neal wrote in message <3867E320.9F89033F@u...st.net>... (...) Xmas (...) gist (...) castle (...) not (...) keeping (...) I (...) I haven't heard the Grand Master's opinion yet, either, but personally I have no complaints at all! Most of these (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Saluti e auguri a tutti

(...) Spero che lascerai a casa il RIS per concentrarti su qualcosa di piu' interessante :))) Marco (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Saluti e auguri a tutti

Sentirete la mancanza dei miei messaggi in questi giorni. Me ne vado a Barcellona con la mia ragazza per il capodanno. Dovevo pur farmi perdonare l'acquisto iperbolico e le attenzioni sviate verso il RIS ;-) Ci risentiamo dal 3 gennaio 2000 (this (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 8448 (era Re: tuttitubi????)

Grazie. E l'8880 pensi si possa trovare da qualche parte? A che prezzo? (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  27° iscritto ItLUG: Giuseppe Vitale

(...) abito (...) considerarmi (...) Ciao Giuseppe, ti prego, dammi del tu... mi fai sentire ancora più vecchio dei miei 39 anni :-) Beh, a parte gli scherzi, tra noi ci diamo tutti del tu. Benvenuto, sei già iscritto e presente sulla pagina. Ho (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) Well, I'm not Larry(1), but I use the web interface, so I can answer this. When you post a message, there are 4 fields you can enter data in. From the top right: Newsgroups: Followup-To (optional): Subject: (and 1 untitled box, which is the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Scores???

(...) Well, I'm not Todd or Suzanne, but I'm certain it represents a "match" score - i.e. how closely does that particular message match your search criteria. HTH! James (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 24 messages in groups lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact