 Robotics / Handy Board / 7243
7242  |  7244
Subject:
Schronization Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:48:16 GMT

Hello all,

I'm going to add to the list of HB that no longer work after not using it
for about 1 month.  I have included the listing from IC below, but here's
some additional info.  The board goes into bootstrap fine.  Both lights go
out and then the PWR light blinks when the pcode is being sent, and then
goes solid through the rest of the bootstrap download.  So far normal.  IC
asks me to reset the board.  The LCD reads IC 3.1 SmoothPWM Handy Board 1.2
with the beating heart.  Looks Good.  But then when it tries to download the
remainder of the files I get a sync error.  At the end of the list below it
lists a couple of files that it cannot find.  However I think this is
probably a byproduct of some larger problem because the files are in the
libs directory.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction.  Did I fry a chip, or should
I recheck my com port settings again?  I am at a loss.  I am using the board
for my senior project, so I could really use some help!!!

Thanks for your time,

Bill Denzel
Graduating Mechanical Eng. Senior
California Polytechnic State Univ. San Luis Obispo, CA

Please find the definition file that matches your board type.
Downloading bootstrap code to the board (256 bytes)
Downloading bootstrap code to the board (256 bytes)
Bootstrap load successful.
Downloading the pcode to the board...  this may take a while.
Download complete.
Synchronizing with board
Pcode version 3.10 present on board
Initializing interrupts
Downloading 1621 bytes (addresses 8000-8654): 1621 loaded
Downloading 56 bytes (addresses 8655-868C): 56 loaded
Downloading 16 bytes (addresses 868D-869C): 16 loaded
Board synchronization error: sent 98, received 12
errors
Errors, unloading files
Cannot find file lib_hb.lis or file lib_hb.lis
Ready