 Robotics / Handy Board / 7242
7241  |  7243
Subject:
HB died - help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 06:50:59 GMT

Hi HBoarders!

I have some troubles with my HB. I have set it up together with the
expansion board, and it worked properly and very fine. Then once,
unfortunately, the LCD, connected to the expansion board, touched one
of the five motor-power diodes, and since then, the HB is dead. The
LCD has gone, too. After this accident (and changing the LCD), I was
only able to download the pcode, but after reseting the board, LCD
shows nothing (the top row is full), and the board has synchronization
problems, and is not able to download anything. As said, before this
"accident", everything worked fine.I have tried everything (replacing
68HC11, memory, checked the whole board, using dl, dlm, even icwin),
but no success. It seems to me like there is a problem with memory
(board goes to bootstrap mode easily), but I can not find it.

Can anybody help?

Thanks ... Igor

Bratislava, Slovakia