 Robotics / Handy Board / 7244
7243  |  7245
Subject:
Sync. Errors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:58:07 GMT

Hello all,
For all of you that guessed Com port setting you were correct.  I had
rechecked them before but had no gone into the advanced settings tab.  There
are two settings for UART transmit and receive buffers.  I had both of them
at the lowest settings to correct connection problems.  On a whim I moved
the sliders up about halfway for "Faster Performance".  No more sync error
:).  So keep that in mind for all of you Windows users.  I am using Windows
98 OSR 2.  The com port settings are located by right clicking on My
Computer, Properties, Device Manager, Ports (COM and LPT), picking the com
port and hitting properties.  There is a tab for Port Settings, and then a
button called Advanced.  I moved both of the sliders up to about 3/4 of the
range, and this corrected my problem.

Thanks for all who read my long email.  I appreciate it.  I hope this
description can help others who might also have sync. errors.

Bill Denzel
Graduating Mechanical Eng. Senior
California Polytechnic State Univ. San Luis Obispo, CA