 Robotics / 9412
Re: Connecting DIMM-PC to PCMCIA?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:07:33 GMT

I know DIMM-PC is smaller than the PC-104 but it would be a lot easier to
use the PC-104 PCMCIA interface than build your own. I also think there is
better support for the PC-104 and more choice of processor and
expandability.

James Pritchard

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.mandrakesoft.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 4:19 AM
Subject: Connecting DIMM-PC to PCMCIA?

Hello all!

I am considering going "whole hog" (as we say in Georgia) and replacing
my RCX Brick with a DIMM-PC (www.jumptec.com) on my current project.
In order to communicate with the DIMM-PC, I would liked to use a
wireless ethernet PCMCIA card.

Since I hack on the linux kernel for a living, the software isn't a
problem.  :)  But I know zero about computer engineering.

Does anyone have advice as to how I might hook a DIMM-PC up to some sort
of PCMCIA socket, in order to facilitate networking?

If worse comes to worse I'll use the serial port on the DIMM-PC to hook
it up to a wireless device, but I would prefer wireless ethernet.

Regards,

        Jeff