 Robotics / 9421
Re: On the subject of gluing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:14:39 GMT

Hello there,

It looks like it would be very easy to ask the
master builders of TLC or TLC themself of what
kind of glue they use to build their model.
And they use also a hammer to seal the pieces
together.
I don't know where to write them about that.
But if some of you have an idea, go for it.

JM

In lugnet.robotics, "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> writes:
I note Marios comment;

3. Plastic type
What's the chemical composition of Lego parts?
(Already thinking about self-made sensors, I want to prepare the proper
glue...).

ABS, a polymer of polystyrene: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene. Very easy to
cut, saw, drill and glue :-)

I agree with cut saw and drill, but glue? So far, everything I have tried
remains "fragile". I remember, a long time ago, before people used glue for
"recreational" purposes, there were glues for models which actually disolved
the plastic slightly creating more of a weld than a gluing I can't seem to
find it anymore. And I have not had a lot of luck with epoxies either. Lego
bricks seem to resist gluing.

Anyone got any glue brands that they know work well?

JB