 Robotics / 9417
9416  |  9418
Subject:
On the subject of gluing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:24:21 GMT

I note Marios comment;

3. Plastic type
What's the chemical composition of Lego parts?
(Already thinking about self-made sensors, I want to prepare the proper
glue...).

ABS, a polymer of polystyrene: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene. Very easy to
cut, saw, drill and glue :-)

I agree with cut saw and drill, but glue? So far, everything I have tried
remains "fragile". I remember, a long time ago, before people used glue for
"recreational" purposes, there were glues for models which actually disolved
the plastic slightly creating more of a weld than a gluing I can't seem to
find it anymore. And I have not had a lot of luck with epoxies either. Lego
bricks seem to resist gluing.

Anyone got any glue brands that they know work well?

JB