 Robotics / 9620
Re: On the subject of gluing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:30:54 GMT

In article <MPG.12d40b4f1d3963299896d0@lugnet.com>, tking@together.net wrote:

Dave, what did you use to apply and control the glue??
Where did you apply it on a typical brick, so that
it was drawn into the joint but didn't appear outside??

I brushed the glue on.  The glue came with its own brush in the cap, but
this was a bit unwieldy.  Instead I used one of the small brushes
typically used for painting models.

In general, I had good luck brushing the glue onto the cylidrical sides of
the studs.  This way it tended to get sucked into the seam from behind.
For pieces that were at least 2 studs wide I also applied a liberal amount
in between the interrior studs.

All of this took some practice.  My first few parts either didn't hold
well or had lots of excess glue.  But once I got the hang of it I was able
to assemble things pretty quickly.  For some of the surfaces I really
didn't care what the "back" looked like, so I could be sloppy there.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com