 Western/Wild West / 24
Re: Future Wild West Possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:36:58 GMT

In lugnet.western, Arnold Staniczek writes:
I'm afraid the Wild West theme won't be continued, it doesn't seem to be
very popular if you compare the number of contributions in this newsgroup to
the ones in lugnet.castle or lugnet.pirates..... unfortunately!

Hard to say... you are measuring it to a very demanding scale... Pirates and
Castle (and Space) are the most popular themes LEGO has produced; it's a hard
act to follow.

I liked western - some good sets for parting out(1), and decent playability
(IMHO).  It just never took off.  My personal opinion is that cowboys and
indians just aren't "cool" for kids to play with any more - LEGO missed the
boat on timing.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1: I've still got my eye on a local stash of Bandit's Hideout and Fort
Legoredo, waiting for clearance...