 Castle / 1159
Re: Carved Lion Head Block?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 18:27:48 GMT

Doyle wrote:

It would have been better if it were Gray or dark gray, not tan. I wouldn't be
able to find a use unless building in a desert area? The tan doesn't seem to
look right with the gray castles. Its a shame to make it tan for a gray castle
theme!

I like the tan.  It's not unusual to use a different type of stone for
decorative elements of a building.  I've seen this done on a lot of
Greek temples, for example.  Such as the sandstone Ionic frieze found on
a Doric temple whose name and location escapes me at the moment, or the
limestone decoration on the Erechtheion in Athens, which is otherwise
made entirely from marble.

--
Tim Buchheim