 Castle / 1123
Re: Carved Lion Head Block?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 14:55:01 GMT

   Hooray!  Hooray!  Its Y2K!  A new decade starts next year.
Ed Jones wrote in message ...
In lugnet.castle, Bill Farkas writes:
What's the general consensus on the Lion head Block? Like or No Like?
Personally, I don't like it. It's too pre-fab! It just doesn't look Lego. • It
looks too much like it belongs to some other toy company. I prefer a • rendering
of a lion made out of regular bricks and plates that is rough around the • edges.
Kinda like the gargoyle head looking things on the 6090 Royal Knight's • Castle.
In my opinion, they're taking away the mystique and imagination quotient • that
makes Lego so addictive to those of us who have been using them for twenty • or
more years. It's the same way that computer graphics have taken the "how'd
they do that?" out of movies. I, for one, am disappointed. The 2000 sets • have
lot of cool stuff, don't get me wrong, I just don't like this particular • part.
Am I alone on this one or what?

The Original: "I'm not PLAYING, I'm CREATING!!"
Bill
{:^D

I have to say this one is a true winner. I love it.  Very well designed.

   I am in agreement with Ed on this one.  This piece is cool.  I think it
looks funny on the smaller structures, but will be a great addition to
larger castles!
--
   Have fun!
   John