 Castle / 1116
1115  |  1117
Subject:
Carved Lion Head Block?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:40:31 GMT

What's the general consensus on the Lion head Block? Like or No Like?
Personally, I don't like it. It's too pre-fab! It just doesn't look Lego. It
looks too much like it belongs to some other toy company. I prefer a rendering
of a lion made out of regular bricks and plates that is rough around the edges.
Kinda like the gargoyle head looking things on the 6090 Royal Knight's Castle.
In my opinion, they're taking away the mystique and imagination quotient that
makes Lego so addictive to those of us who have been using them for twenty or
more years. It's the same way that computer graphics have taken the "how'd
they do that?" out of movies. I, for one, am disappointed. The 2000 sets have a
lot of cool stuff, don't get me wrong, I just don't like this particular part.
Am I alone on this one or what?

The Original: "I'm not PLAYING, I'm CREATING!!"
Bill
{:^D