  *87875 (-100)
  Re: Mellandagsrea?

Jag misstänker att det inte är annat än kläder på rea denna vecka. Nästa vecka kanske ... Om inte annat så börjar t.ex. IKEA sin rea först den sjätte. Men den som ser något får gärna säga till. Jari (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Brick.tube evolution?

And what about the tiny holes in the tubes in some of the newer 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, etc. bricks? Any purpose to those? Paul Davidson Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:FnExwK.6G5@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) some (...) years (...) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea per ELF. Riassunto.

(...) Sono d'accordo. Sara' certamente necessario identificare ogni RCX che partecipera' al coro con un ID univoco. Il "direttore" dovra' quindi prevedere una fase iniziale di assegnazione di questi ID. Un'idea potrebbe essere quella di accendere i (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) <snip rant> Richard, you need to take a deep breath. If you don't like the sets, why not combine them to create some MOCs? Not many sets TLC produces are worth keeping assembled, so what's new? You have been given the tools. Use them. Until I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

(...) Relevant to point out that Mark, not Wayne, is the one who wanted to attach a dollar value to an opinion. James (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: nicd & rcx

"marco berti" <arcmberti@dinet.it> wrote in message news:FnF456.Cp0@lugnet.com... (...) se (...) e (...) polemiche ma (...) vero (...) 1,5) e (...) qualita' (...) quella (...) quelle (...) facendo (...) La ragione dell'esperienza........ (anche la (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New helmet and Era.

(...) Whew! Here in Athelmearc (spell it as you see fit!) I haven't yet seen them, but I've been out of the loop for awhile. I missed this past Pennsic because I was in the process of moving. Did you get there? How about last year? Dave! (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New helmet and Era.

(...) there (...) period (...) upper-cuts! Yup - in combat. It's used up here in An Tir as a light helm, so the afor-mentioned problems aren't. :) James (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere (Was: Slim Pickings at Target)

(...) such (...) are (...) keys (...) Not (...) I have no argument or disagreement with what you say. However, the added twist to this is that whoever does the actual ordering for the large chains (at corporate or warehouse-by-warehouse region) has (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Must be nice... around here *anything* more than 20% is a good deal, and a rare find... James (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

What do you want? My opinion wasn't "serious" when it was thought I'd only spent a few bucks and was a neophite to the Lego Collecting Family - Mark asked me "to come back when I'd spent 20 to 30 grand", been there, done that. And now the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Trainset 7735 from 1985

Trainset 7735 from 1985 converted from 12v into 9v with motor,wheelsets and magnetic couplings. Take a look at (URL) want 250US$ for it. Please mail to: christer.sunesson@swipnet.se (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  WTS Lego 4547 MISB Club Car for sale

Hi I got this sealed club car (C9-10 box) which I would really like to sell...price is $200 + $25 for shipping with airmail giving a total of $225 - I live in Denmark ;-) Yeah we invented this toy! I can supply a picture upon request. I'm better (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Pascal as language for programming a RCX-module

Stefan Satzinger skrev i meddelandet <3.0.6.32.1999122713....ac.at>... (...) Not directly on the RCX as far as I know, but by using the SPIRIT.OCX on a PC you can use almost any language for programming (for example Delphi Pascal). Note though, that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I got a defective part!

(...) My 8448 had a defective part in the engine box, a gray full pin. It had been mashed to oblivion by something, probably machinery that packaged the set. Lego was happy to send me another. (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  nicd & rcx

Non vorrei innescare polemiche contro i sacri nomi di questo newsgroup ma se guardate nei messaggi di oggi ne trovate alcuni riguardo le batterie NiCd e rcx; percio' queste note le scrivo in Italiano, perche' non voglio polemiche ma nemmeno seminare (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere (Was: Slim Pickings at Target)

A couple of comments: 1. Most large retail chains these days use inventory forecasting software, such as IBM's INFOREM, that does all sorts of statistical analysis on past sales trends (per SKU, incidentally) to forecast probable sales. These (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  (canceled)

  January S@H catalouge briefing

I got the catalouge today, and the following accsesories are not being discontinued: 626 Large Green Baseplate 627 Large Blue Baseplate 628 X-Large Grey Baseplate 5300 Electric Train Motor 5302 Two Bogieplates 5303 Buffets, Magnets, & Couplers 5304 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Transparent Yellow -- dead or alive?

(...) Yes, I pointed this out to my wife when I put my A-Wing together (which she gave me) on Christmas, since I had complained to her a few days earlier about the trans-neon-yellow "flames" in the torches of a Ninja set. Steve (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I've got a Destroyer Droid!

(...) I didn't dare to venture into Crawley that day :-) I'm off to LLW tomorrow, so hopefully will get one there. Huw (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: ***Nicads in Rcx?***

(...) One more thing... I use rechargeable alkaline cells (such as Rayovac Renewal batteries). These provide more power than a NiCad and don't suffer from memory effects. In fact, they have a longer lifetime if you charge them frequently rather than (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: ***Nicads in Rcx?***

(...) NiCads can be used, but since they have a lower cell voltage than alkaline cells you won't get as much power out of the motors. The RCX will not charge the cells for you. (...) You can hot-swap with an AC adapter connected. Another option is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Spare/Extra Parts for Mindstorms in UK

Can anyone help with a supplier of spare/extra parts for the Mindstorm kits in England? Tom L Beckham ---...--- ---...--- (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Handy Board Kits ??

To all you people out in robo land was wondering if any of you know were to find some cheap handy board kits? Ive got PCBs Im just looking for 3 complete sets of parts , or if PCBs are included thats fine as well. thanx in advance Roboman- PS; Do (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes: Massive snippectomy (...) This is very silly. LEGO has concerned itself with us AFOLers so very very very little in the past that if their goal was to simply ignore us, they would continue to do so (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Need wheels for UP Big Boy 4018 4-8-8-4

I am looking for 4 pairs of large wheels that came with these sets: 194 (URL) 390-2 (URL) 396 (URL) are red 1 3/8" in diameter without the rubber wheel and 1/4" wide or the wheels in set 190 (URL) . These are the same size but solid with 12 studs. I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Hiawatha

(...) "Better than 8-wide"? <kidding!> Artistic? Curvaceous? Streamlined? Looking like it's moving 100mph even when it's standing still? John1, GMLTC (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) It's also a cartoon (anime - japanese animation), and, most importantly in geek circles (I think), it's a collectable card game, rather like Magic the Gathering. The official Pokemon web site: (URL) apparently covers the videogames, comics, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere (Was: Slim Pickings at Target)

(...) I wonder how that works. Most of the errors I have seen are like this... 1. The computer says we have X stock of Y, but there in none physically there. 2. The computer says we have no stock, but I found some on the shelf. Once or twice, I have (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  I need LDlite.

Where can I get LDlite the official web page (URL) is a broken link is there any other web page with LDlite? (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  (canceled)

  Re: How old are you?

Mark: For your stats, I'm 60 (thought maybe I held age record in the group 'til Bob Fay signed in at 62!). My first-ever LEGO was RIS 1.0 a year ago -- found robotics-ala-LEGO irresistable after 35+ years in electronics engineering. Now own 1 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) It´s a fun, great video game from Nintendo. You collect and train small monsters (Pocket Monsters). When they are strong enough, you can battle other trainers, and earn badges. If that´s not enough, there are 150 kinds of pokémon. Besides (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  New Castle Sucks (so far...)

Fellow Lugnuts: I just had the good fortune/misfortune to receive 6095, 6094, and 6032 as Xmas gifts. I am not going to review these sets except in a cursory way. The gist of this post is to complain on behalf of new castle buyers -- that new castle (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Na, Blaubärte - schöne Weihnachten gehabt?

Na, ihr müden Matrosen, habt Ihr Euch etwa auch drei Tage nur vom Eßtisch zum Sofa und vom Sofa zum Eßtisch geschleppt? Rumgetrunken bis zum Relingreihern? Oder gar Schlimmeres? Ich hab Legos gekriegt, ällebätsch! Und ihr? Na kommt, jetzt rafft (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  New Castle Sucks (so far...)

Fellow Lugnuts: I just had the good fortune/misfortune to receive 6095, 6094, and 6032 as Xmas gifts. I am not going to review these sets except in a cursory way. The gist of this post is to complain on behalf of new castle buyers -- that new castle (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

But Pokémon is *so* fun! I got the Red version this cristmas, and I can´t stop playing! I´m hooked! Kya Morden wrote: <SNIP> (...) Hmm... Hello Kitty? Well, I guess it´s bigger in Japan than here in Sweden, I´ve never seen any Kitty stuff here. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  ***Nicads in Rcx?***

Hi all, I was wondering about using nicads in my RCX? has anyone had experience using them. Can they be charged in the RCX? Also will I need to reload the firmware every time I pull the batteries out for a recharge or can I hot swap them while an (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Brick.tube evolution?

I've noticed this several times during my Lego career, but while browsing my stash of 2x4 bricks I noticed it again and thought I'd ask. The tubes on some of my older bricks have slots in them. I seem to recall realizing this years ago, thinking at (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) The Target across the street from my apartment was the same way. The amazing this was that it was NOT clearence prices that emptied their shelves. Most of the good stuff was gone BEFORE they even got to the clearance prices. TImbo (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: 8 Wide Train Pics

(...) Trouble? It's free, right? What's the trouble - downloading and installing it? In my experience Virtual PC runs about as fast as a PC of half the clock speed of the Mac running it, so you'll be running it about as well as a 150-166 Pentium. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) *sigh* All you non-thrifty people buying things at 40% off just totally destroys any chance of me finding them at 70% off in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll get back to Knoxville to discovere every store cleaned out at what some people insist on (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Baseplates not limited

(...) Another follow-up: Train accsesories are not limited either. (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

I'll chime in on a slightly different vein. Rather than us telling them what we want (which is good) and hoping they can come up with it (which may turn out disappointing), how about if they tell us what they can easily offer, what they can offer (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I would agree. Also a ranch and a church. I think they should also do a southern theme with a tex-mex feel to it. You got to have those mexican banditos. Then a northern feel with a cabin and mountain men. Greatest wants 1. Shot gun (they (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere (Was: Slim Pickings at Target)

(...) In New York, TRU employs RJIS to do total shelf inventory. After Christmas, RJIS staffs up and dispenses laser scanner belts to college students on break. You sometimes find their data sheets lying about. My experience with TRU is that 3 year (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Baseplates not limited

Answering my own question here, I got the catalouge today, and 626 through 628, the blue, green, and X-Large baseplates are not limited quantities. (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

(...) come (...) While I'm tired of commenting on the civility issues, I do want to note at this point that while I am impressed with the people who can afford to spend tens of thousands of dollars on LEGO, I'm not impressed enough to grant that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pascal as language for programming a RCX-module

(...) Of course one can use pascal. The fact that there's no development tools supporting that language yet doesn't mean it's impossible... just that it hasn't been done (probably due to lack of demand). If you're in a real hurry, you might be able (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pascal as language for programming a RCX-module

Yes, you can. I even use a 8086 PC with DOS QBasic to program a CiberMaster. You'll have to do the basic I/O routines and the sending of the RCX opCodes. You can look at the work done by Bert van Dam at (URL) the "DOS" section. (...) ___...___ Marco (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  ROBOLAB 1.5 now ROBOLAB Programmer

My new Pitsco catalog arrived with new goodies such as the DCP sensors (humidity, air pressure, motion, temperature, sound, PH, and voltage. I assume on their web site as well. www.pitsco-legodacta.com -- Richard Clemens Associate Professor, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Some new robots on my website

S17 - Yet another R2-D2 derived from the original model found in the DDK. This features both the Scout and the Microscout, connected each other with an optic fiber. S18 - A synchro drive heavily based on the ones by Doug Carlson ((URL) ) and Wes (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MOTM Voting Online

Tim, Are the DAT files for the MOTM available for download? James (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: January 2000 S@H catalog

(...) has (...) Heh. Other people have complained that the figure is too provocative, with her wonderbra appearance. (For reference: (URL)Princess Storm is in form fitting body armor and a Don Quixote-esque hat. I like (...) I like her too, and I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pascal as language for programming a RCX-module

Nein. You cannot use Pascal. There is NQC, pbForth or Visual Basic as possibilities to program. As you are visting a FHS this shouldn't matter at all, if you get that RCX..... Viel Spass auch hier: Stefan mailto:e9225865@stud...wien.ac.at (...) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  rack-and-pinion steering

I just got the RIS 1.0 set, and I was wondering if it is possible to build a rack-and-pinion steering system using the basic set of parts that comes with this set. I've spent awhile trying to figure it out with some success, but my designs have a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

Does anyone have (...) Lego (...) 1. bisons 2. more bisons 3. saloon 4. barn 5. farm with settlers, cattle... 6. railroad theme 7. gold rush theme 8. judge, gallows Arnold (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Mellandagsrea?

Hej! Vet ni om det finns någon leksaksaffär som har mellandagsrea? Min flickvän är ute och frossar i MR i kläder, men på lego verkar det bara vara någon rabatt på en tia eller så här och där. Eller har jag missat något? (Säg att jag har det!) Mvh, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

Hey A while back I put up some pictures of the city-castle Strombrachter ... here is the follow up to it (more of a story I suppose): Here it is: (URL) background can be found here: (URL) me know what you think (flames, suggestions, words of (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So.. are we doing it?

(...) Monday morning, and I'm in Ft. Worth! And my brother-in-law has a Prodigy subscription. :-, Unfortunately, I'm not able to check my private e-mail; just LUGNET. So is anyone still keyed-up about getting together? I'll probably be here until (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Conecting a Lego roboarm to a basic stamp robot

Folks, Lego purists hide your eyes. On the Arrick website is a RCX roboarm controlled by a basic stamp machine: (URL) Why would one want to do this except that it seems pretty cool? Are there other examples of cross-platform interaction on the web? (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Strange Display in Las Vegas Mall

(...) My local FAOs (there are five of them in Miami, one flagship, one mall flagship, two Schweetz, and one branch) have not gotten any 2000 sets. I know they are very overpriced, but they do get some old sets once and a while. Until it was (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Check my math? 8448 gearbox ratios

Tim, I also worked out the gearbox ratios after I built my 8448 and got the same results. I must admit your diagrams are a lot neater than mine! Actually, I did my analysis all the way to the rear axle, which turns 1.5 times slower than the drive (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Aonde esto os outros brasileiros?

(...) E ai? O bom velhinho trouxe o seu RIS? (...) Eu fiz o mesmo! Eh frustrante comprar Legos no Brasil, em todas as lojas que vou, tem sempre as mesmas coisas! Gostaria que houvessem mais opcoes de conjuntos technic. A maioria dos conjuntos que (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.br)

  26° iscritto ItLUG: Alberto Zaffaroni

(...) Certo che la accolgo, con piacere! Un caldo benvenuto al nostro membro più giovane. Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

In lugnet.starwars, I wrote: (Snip) (...) P.S. Forgot to mention I am going to use him as a UPS Man, too bad he isn't wearing shorts...:) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review: 7161 Gungan Sub

(...) You (...) one (...) YB73m Oh, I see where everyone is going. Yes, I knew there were three different versions of the removable minisub, but by the way the box is illustrated, it appears that the main sub is supposed to come apart into three (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) family, (...) character (...) smile," (...) pieces!). (...) when (...) offend. (...) Who is to say thats panaka, I mean the pics at the top of the instructions show other people too, who is to discount the queen in regular getup. I've heard (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AND gate brick?

(...) There was a Scientific American article about 'photovores' that had simple (virtual) robots governed by basic logic circuits and motors. It was published circa 1986-7, and was really cool w/r/t the behaviours that arose out of really trivial (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  8448 (era Re: tuttitubi????)

Carlo Ottolina <kruntz@tiscalinet.it> wrote: [snip] (...) sta (...) Adesso che ho finalmente montato la mia 8448 Superstreet Sensation (cosiddetta Supercar II) ho un'opinione in merito. Il set è MOLTO bello. Condivido in pieno ciò che dice Carlo, è (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Garage Door Parts for TRADE, parts wanted

I have pics of the parts I have available for Trade (TRADE ONLY, I will NOT sell!) at: (URL) I'd like to turn this into a "ClearingHouse" for garage door parts - if you have parts available for trade/sale, let me know the type, color, and quantity, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Technic Box #2

Here is the official announcement for technic box #2. Since I make the rules for this box, here goes: * The list will be of only 25 names. * The first 25 people to EMAIL me will be on that list. * Please include your mailing address (and preferrably (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

I believe that my 25 years of collecting and building with the Brick, and about $50,000 spending - not counting increased rents, storage materials and other expenses - during that time, qualifies me as "serious". (...) just (...) appropriate (...) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Webb, Roman Imperial Coinage [Sorry message sent to wrong lis t]

Sorry folks, I sent a message to the wrong list. This doesn't even qualify as very off-off topic! Michael -----Original Message----- From: Mihalka, Michael [mailto:MihalkaM@mar...enter.org] Sent: Monday, December 27, 1999 3:29 PM To: (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Webb, Roman Imperial Coinage

(...) ^^^...^^^ :> Was this a msg to test a RCX controlled off-topic-msg-detector robot ??? eheheh ___...___ Marco C. aka McViper (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Webb, Roman Imperial Coinage

Folks, Could someone tell me about the book by Percy Webb, Roman Imperial Coinage? It apparently is available from Durst but I can't find a reference to it in Kroh. Thanks, Michael (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: When should companies GET A CLUE?

(...) I saw the same thing with Mumys Tomb. The region to my north and west (S Georgia and FL panhandle) had clearanced them down 75%. The remainder of Florida (east and south) had not. Go figure. Ray (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere (Was: Slim Pickings at Target)

Kevin, My outlook on what you have observed... Over the last four months, I have visited a fair number of TRUs seeking old product. The store stock situation (with respect to Lego) varies widely. I believe that there are a number of contributing (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New helmet and Era.

(...) Not in combat, I hope! That wide dinnerplate of a helm would be both a wonderful mace-lander as well as a great funnel for catching rattan upper-cuts! Dave! (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  AAT, MTT, & Falcon not out until June or July!

I just wanted to make that statement noticeable after reading a few hundred messages about people 'not being able to find these sets yet'. Rob (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: How old are you?

Growing up, I remember my dad telling me how great Legos were. When he grew up, all he had was Lincoln logs. Just think what our grandkids will get... </steve> Ps, I just got the Millenia ThrowBot. Over all, I'd say it's just slightly better than (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Pascal as language for programming a RCX-module

We (students of the first semester of a technical collage)are trying to build a robot that can find it´s way through a maze.Is it possible to use pascal as a programming language for programming the RCX-Module? -----Stefan (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  US S@H Specials Dec 27, 1999 - Jan 2, 2000

Same as last week due to the holidays... ***** S@H CLOSED Thurs-Fri, Dec 30-31 for inventory. ***** Phone Specials page - (URL) Ladybug Storage $11.00 $ 5.00 Duplo 2865 Children's Zoo $27.50 $15.00 2690 Fire Chief $ 8.75 $ 5.00 Scala 3117 Fun at the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Extreme creatures and robosports on sale at target.com

Folks, Robosports and Extreme Creatures are now on sale at target.com for $30. Costco.com has RIS for $179.99. Michael (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I didn't do it! I have not been shopping for LEGO since the Meijer rush on the new 2000 sets the week before! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn CAD Operator Affiliated Engineers, Inc. LEGO Page: (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

I actually got two copies of this from friends and family at Christmas - ooops! Although it is a wonderful book, I can't really do that much with two copies that I can't do with one, so I'm going to give one of them away - Christmas Spirit etc :) I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: January 2000 S@H catalog

Doyle wrote in message ... (...) think (...) Wow, where have you been? :-) It's long, but here is the original post: (URL) here's another one: (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Prices

(...) Ask around on market.buy-sell-trade... some AFOL may be able to help you. Not me, though, I'm overcommitted. (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego S&H Specials & shipping

(...) Not as far as I know. I never got charged shipping... Did you get regular LEGO employees or the overflow service? The only time I know of that they charge shipping is when you request the express shipping option - I think it's next day air or (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Fast replies from LarryP (was Re: Missing LUGNET membership...)

(...) It took me 22 minutes to reply to you, and it took YOU 2 minutes to reply to me, so who's the fast one again??? It was just random chance. Sometimes hours go by without me being on! (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Review: 7161 Gungan Sub

(...) Um, weird, mine makes all three subs. (goes to check) Yeah. It's so simple you're going to kick yourself. Take the front compartment, attach the propellor section - but don't put on the propellors. Then attachthe rotating tail section to that. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Agreed. I made a predictive post to this effect, don't recall where. Sadly, I turned out to be correct, all the targets I visited had only the biggest set of the line marked down, the others were regular price. I DID save another 48 bucks by (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Prices

This is just a small note to show just how lucky anyone is who lives in america and buys lego. Recently I went to both my local Toyworld and Target stores to buy a 7171 Mos Espa Podrace set and a 4990 Rock Raiders Headquarters. The 7171 set was (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How old are you?

(...) ehehe, you can say that again !!! (as for many other things that kids have today...) ___...___ Marco C. aka McViper (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  7161 Gungan Sub

Actually there isnt very much you have to do to get that 3rd sub, no extra pieces need to be added, no pieces have to be removed. Firstly remove the front sub, it has two connector lugs sticking out the back. Secondly add the smaller of the two (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere (Was: Slim Pickings at Target)

(...) Buy up those Sith Infiltrators at $17.90 apiece--grey bricks and grey plates galore! It's better than a service pack at that price! (Need I add that you get Boba Fett heads too? ;) ) LFB (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) They must be learning. Drat! (...) You know, they had these--but I'm not interested in the Podrace sets yet, because I scored one at $54 from K-Mart a month or so ago. (...) All of the stores I went to had at least three, one had six. (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Trasmissioni IR per HPC

Salutoni a tutti, sono un novellino quarantenne alle prese con i ROBOTINI come li chiamano i miei figli leghisti (della LEGO non di Bossi). Una domanda per chi può rispondermi: esiste un software di trasmissione HPC windows CE - RCX? Ho visto quelli (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

Skipped 8 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact