 Castle / 1144
Re: New helmet and Era.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:49:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
The Kettle hat, or Kettle helm, or Ketyl(l) hat/helm, or chapelle-de-fer
originated around 1200 give or take a few years, as you note.  No doubt • there
are further names for it, those are just the ones I'm familair with.  They
seem to have remained popular throughout the remainder of the medieval • period

Heck, I know people who still wear them. :)

Not in combat, I hope!  That wide dinnerplate of a helm would be both a
wonderful mace-lander as well as a great funnel for catching rattan
upper-cuts!

Yup - in combat.  It's used up here in An Tir as a light helm, so the
afor-mentioned problems aren't. :)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/