 General / 12739
Re: Brick.tube evolution?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:12:39 GMT

And what about the tiny holes in the tubes in some of the newer 1x4, 1x6,
1x8, etc. bricks?   Any purpose to those?

Paul Davidson

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
I've noticed this several times during my Lego career, but while browsing • my
stash of 2x4 bricks I noticed it again and thought I'd ask.  The tubes on • some
of my older bricks have slots in them.  I seem to recall realizing this • years
ago, thinking at the time that my even older bricks were not so slotted.
Since then, they've gone back to non-slotted, with the addition of a small
interior "panel" crossing the center of the brick's underside.
  These are terrible descriptions, I know, but I hoped Mr. Istok or some • other
Lego historian might have some insight about the evolution of the common
brick.  I'm aware that the tubes were not an original feature and were • added
later for better grip.  When did these changes in the tubes take place?

    Dave!