 General / 12732
12731  |  12733
Subject:
Brick.tube evolution?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:55:32 GMT

I've noticed this several times during my Lego career, but while browsing my
stash of 2x4 bricks I noticed it again and thought I'd ask.  The tubes on some
of my older bricks have slots in them.  I seem to recall realizing this years
ago, thinking at the time that my even older bricks were not so slotted.
Since then, they've gone back to non-slotted, with the addition of a small
interior "panel" crossing the center of the brick's underside.
  These are terrible descriptions, I know, but I hoped Mr. Istok or some other
Lego historian might have some insight about the evolution of the common
brick.  I'm aware that the tubes were not an original feature and were added
later for better grip.  When did these changes in the tubes take place?

    Dave!