 Technic / 547
Re: I got a defective part!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:26:10 GMT

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 06:17:43 GMT, "John Matthews"
<jmatthew@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

I bought a 8252 Beach Buster for my nephew this Christmas.  To my dismay as
we were building the set together, we found that one part, the 'Technic
Steering Arm with Connector (MLCad name)' had a defect.  It had a molded
'preconsumer' part coming out of one of the connectors, rendering it
useless.  Lucky for my nephew, I had another specimen of the part in a gift
that my wife got for me and we were able to complete his model.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem?

Just wondering,

John Matthews

P.S.  Build On!

    My 8448 had a defective part in the engine box, a gray full pin.
It had been mashed to oblivion by something, probably machinery that
packaged the set.  Lego was happy to send me another.