 General / 12728
Re: January 2000 S@H catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 17:12:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron writes:
Queen Leonora is in the pointy hat with the blue dress and red jacket.  She • has
brown curls framing her face.  In the catalog she looks rather matronly IMHO.

Heh.  Other people have complained that the figure is too provocative,
with her wonderbra appearance.  (For reference:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-35.html

Princess Storm is in form fitting body armor and a Don Quixote-esque hat.  I • like
her better-- she looks as though she can singlehandedly protect the castle.

I like her too, and I think I like her more than the queen minifig
although I'm glad to get a black princess hat).

Of course, the armor the princess is wearing isn't very
authentic.  Years and years of Dragon Magazine illustrations and
sword-and-sorcery book covers have taught us that women always
wore the skimpiest armor possible into combat.  So Princess Storm
is obviously ill-equipped to be an effective warrior in her
cumbersome armor, and would have a better chance of surviving
combat if she were clad in a chain-mail bikini.

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"