  *69162 (-100)
  Re: this is another strange auction

(...) I'd go with "yes". In a similar situation I had someone local (Thank you SPROAT!!!) go by with the money (1) and complete the deal for me. That's the power of our community, we have resources the average eBay buyer doesn't! Note that you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  idiot's guide to programming the rcx

Can anyone tell me the EASIEST alternate programming language to use for the rcx. I mean, back in the days of BASIC, I was one of my state's top student programmers. But that was in the eighties. (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  How to get Dacta #9633 Pneumatics Set

Many people have asked how to get the Advanced Pneumatics Set (#9633) and the Technology Resource Set (#9609). These are Lego DACTA sets and not the regular Technic sets, aimed at the educational market. They are normally only sold to schools and (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: MindFest: videos, photos, report

This was the brick grabber, it scans for black bricks and throws them off the table. It has one set of wheels at right angles to the other and it would raise or lower one set. Lowered, they're in contact and you go in the nominal x direction, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: McDonalds Info

okay, for the extremely ignorant... Define 'POOP' Thanks, Gene (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Castle 2000 Eye-candy

Well .. Lugnet is second with info but first with web-provided info:) Josh Opotzner posted a message to RTL about scans. I IMed him to get them and well, he doesn't have a page. Wasn't I excited to offer to host them for now:) Check them out: (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Help The Homeless In Legoville!

Dear LEGO, I have noticed a disturbing trend in recent years that will affect any cities made by the average child using the standard LEGO sets available. Do you realize that, thanks to your current policy, most of the citizens of a basic LEGO town (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Castle returns for 2000!

(...) Here it is (With Josh's premission): (URL) can say that I am PUMPED!!! Buying them all as soon as they go out:) -- pn (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: SW9 model

OK, why does this display OK in MLCad but not in LDLite? The posting (see the ref'd append for the whole thing) SEEMS to match the original, but LDLite stops rendering where I marked <HERE> There's no truncation or wrapping in the post... Or is it (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  SW9 model  [DAT]

Here's my second model made with MLCad. This is a model of my SWxxxx (sort of "9ish" but sort of 1500ish too...) that people saw at MindFest. It's in ersatz C&NW colors. I made a few compromises from the "as built" real instance due to missing (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Cat by the tail!

My school principal walked by a display of one of my grade 12 students showing one of his Mindstorms creations. He was so impressed he approached my department head about providing funding for 5 additional RIS sets. I don't think he realizes that (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Re: Castle returns for 2000!

(...) area (...) Groovy, Groovy, GROOVY! Do you happen to have any scans?? Greg "Got water?" Majewski (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Check out this auction!

No, it is still open. The Item # got split try this item # 190357323 George Julie Krenz <dkrenz@mc.net> wrote in message news:FKJIBH.1uB@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) seller (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wow! This is a good set!

Tobias Möller <tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote in message news:FKJ2nD.D5M@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) in (...) I agree it's a great little set. It seems odd that TLG didn't include this set in the current catalogue and for that matter Crisis News (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town)

  Castle returns for 2000!

Hi guys! This is reposted from the RTL: Subject: CASTLE IS BACK! From: josh120@aol.com (Josh120) Date: Mon, 01 November 1999 06:08 PM EST Message-id: <19991101180820.0263...1.aol.com> I just got home with the New Rock Raiders game. While running it, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wow! This is a good set!

(...) Wow, I just ordered two of them last week from S@H. Did they run out just after that? Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: News on the 2000 space line!

(...) Yes, but you have to agree, it is fun saying a whole bunch of junk that no one cares about. =) (...) It's also an N64 game, and it's cool! I'll bet I can beat you at it! (...) It is not space when you have airtanks. It is simply "can't survive (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) I would like to join CLTC but i could only attend if in the So Cal area. i live in chatsworth just north of LA matt morgan (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: Scout secrets revealed

(...) I don't have the Scout, but I have a funny feeling that the Micro Scout may also respond to these commands when it is in that "P" mode. Could somebody verify this? Thanks, Hao-yang Wang (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Level Crossing Barrier

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, James Powell (<FKJFJv.JHv@lugnet.com>) wrote at 21:26:19 (...) Or phone LEGO Consumer Service (UK) on 0990 070809 :-) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor Variables

If you take a look at my website you'll find all the information you need, including examples in Visual Basic (and quick Basic for that matter). CU Bert Lego robots and artificial intelligence (URL) -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- Van: Jason Di (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Official LEGO site has MindFest pics

(...) Wow, I'm (almost) embarassed that two of my robots are depicted on the LEGO page. There were certainly a lot of much cooler robots at MindFest than mine, but I'm not complaining... I'm actually in the process of creating a web page for each of (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.events)

  Re: Wow! This is a good set!

Tobias, Sadly, that set has been discontiniued in the US and I needed one really bad. Where did you come across it? (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: propellors wanted cheap!

Ben, I know what kind of propellor you are referring to, but good luck finding one for cheap. I have several, but they are CRUCIAL peices I use on my airships. (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  propellors wanted cheap!

I'm in search of an economical way to find a decent propellor. here is my story: (please respond to berwin@tufts.edu in a separate email if you respond to this to the list) There is a really nice grey two-wing propellor that takes an axle at the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) Yes. There was a red one in guarded inn, i think. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Motor Variables

Can someone please tell me all the possible variables of the RIS motors. I know the basic ones, ON/Off, power, direction, speed. I need to know all of the variables and how to program/call them in the program. I am creating a graphical user (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My first DAT file!

John VanZwieten wrote ... (...) the (...) camera (...) I think it is unfortunate that MLCad uses the same "0 ROTATE" command as LDLite. Other parsers (like L3P :) may get confused. L3P can skip 0 ROTATE 180 0 0 REL 0 ROTATE 90 0 0 ABS 0 ROTATE 10 0 (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ZNAP Adverts in UK

The second wave of ZNAP releases came a couple of months back with six new sets in total. Tesco is the only place I've seen 'em though... (unless you take a look on LEGO's web site). I posted re this a couple of weeks back. Apparently, it was a good (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Coby Bassett's raytraced versions of Karim Nassar's microfig SW models (was: Re: BURP Adventure)

One of my favorite pages. Seems we both like Karim's models for rendering. Pat J (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Level Crossing Barrier

(...) This is generous offer and I'd like to take you up on it. Before I do, what are the possibilities of getting a replacement direct from Lego themselves? People here (Lugnet in general) often talk of Lego providing replacements for missing items (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RS232 Communication

Has anyone read data into an RCX from an external device using an RS232 serial connection? The device I'd like to use might be spitting out data at about 16Hz. Any information at all will be a help. Cheers, Barry. (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: this is another strange auction

(...) legit. (...) I would insist on using an escrow service. Otherwise, I'd not complete the auction and take the negative FB. I think - with an ID at 54 and one at 75 - that I could afford one :-) Paul Sinasohn (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: this is another strange auction

(...) Boy, is it just me, or is bidding $500+ on an auction being run by someone with absolutely no feedback at all a little risky? Will (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Where are you guys?

(...) hey, mark ~ i threw my annual costume party saturday night (this year's theme was science fiction.), and that kept me pretty busy over the weekend. i was being plenty active, just not on the group...:-) btw, the party was a blast, the costumes (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  strange sample code area in LUGNET (was Re: bug in semaphore code (was Re: Announce: NQCIPC update

What is (URL) why are there no links connecting the rest of (URL) to it? (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Scout secrets revealed

Just for the record, the real URL is: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robot navigation

If you started with the wheels pointed in an arbitrary direction (say north) ,and you knew how many degrees it took to change a compass from (north) to (north east), then you could do crude navigation. 1. Compass and robot say north. 2. Robot (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

On your web page you ask why they made the commutator so small. I think the most obvious-by-far reason is to reduce the amount of wear on the contacts due to friction. By making the radius of the commutator cylinder small, they reduce the linear (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to McDonald's Sets Cheaper!

The prices they charge for the sets by themselves must be different based on location. Here in the Burlington Vermont area the sets are $1.04 when purchased individually. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Official LEGO site has MindFest pics

(...) Henry Chea. (I had to look it up on (URL) myself, I only got to talk to him for about 20 minutes myself the whole weekend) Wow, by the way. Quick response time! eric (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.events)

  Re: Check out this auction!

eBay has closed the auction. (...) eBay has closed the auction. Julie (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Check out this auction!

Thomas Main wrote in message <381D9530.6990CB88@a...te.edu>... (...) Did you notice the name of the high bidder? "ouykcuf" created Oct 29 with an anonomous e-mail address (subdimension.com). I am not saying the seller boosting the bids on this, but (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

It works...I'm still waiting for Larry to come out to CA and look through stuff :-) Paul Sinasohn, wondering where his 26 pounds from Attic Favorites is..... (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: New Engine Pics

Hi Jim, Unfortunately, the engine is a better looker than it is a runner. Being pushed by the motor in the tender, combined with the doubled flanged, spoked wheels and low "tie-scraping" pilot pivot bar, (one of the compromises to get a lot of open (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: legOS-0.2.1

(...) ==bulk of message removed (...) I'm getting a compile error when building the dll utility - an undefined symbol 'O_ASYNC' forgive my ignorance but how do I fix this? Thanks in advance, -=RoboCoder=- (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) How about Bakersfield? It's pretty close to dead center. I happen to be a resident of this dismal rut, and might take interest in coordinating such a meeting of the minds. What kind of floor space are we talking about? I've never (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: News on the 2000 space line!

(...) Those "weather" balloon sightings probably are classified. My father worked for the DOD as a space physicist and he flew several instrumentation balloons. I don't know if they were classified or not, but some of the work he did was classified. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Mike's Train and Launch Command Auction Update 12

1. This is a Once, Twice, Sold auction. 2. To bid send email to mdarnett@nycap.rr.com. I will try to post updates daily. 3. Minimum raises: 0-$50 by $1, $50-$150 by $2, $150 and up by $5. No proxies please! 4. Advancing will start on 10/26. Bids (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: 760 piece buckets - problems with red fences

(...) I think that is the same here, I have 3 reply cards (and it appears, 3 buckets with 2259 on them) and one defective fence If you are sending your piece back, you might want to tell them that you know of another one, read L to R #'s under the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Sharing variables and using expressions (was Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

Thanks, Dave! It will be good to have that in the manual, because it is a very confusing behavior that is difficult to track down. Variables take on values that are completely different from the values that the programmer is setting them to. Most (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: info on pneumatics

(...) There can't be a valve because if there was one they would have to label which end was "in" and which was "out". They don't, so it doesn't. Dwayne (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  displaying special characters

Does anyone know how to display an "e" with a bar over it, or an upside down "e"? Andreas Stabno (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: this is another strange auction

Ben, and Larry , thanks to both of you for checking that out for me - I never thought to check eBay for it. Kudos to both of you....(and time in dolt-dom for me, I guess) Though, if it's really 240 pounds, at $500 that's a bargain. I might have to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: How to McDonald's Sets Cheaper!

Frank Filz wrote in message <381DFE1D.28CC@minds...ng.com>... (...) Following Tamy's advice I asked about this at my local McD's. The answer I got is "yes you can have it without the drink but the price is the same". YMMV. Mike - (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Level Crossing Barrier

(...) This part is easy to replace!. All you have to do is buy another pack of points from lego, as they include 3 of them with each pack. Otherwise, I could send you one if you really need it. James Powell (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  One more day

I regret to inform you guys that I need one more day to get the movie list together. I have it all ready to go, but I could not get it typed up today. I know this will sound terrible, but I actually had to do some work at work today. No endless (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: WWLTC

(...) Sounds like a nice idea to me. We could also (slowly) work on a nice reference to all the club and personal web sites. It might also be nice to make space available to new clubs which don't have the resources to have their own web site yet (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Get togethers

I ate lunch with Mike Walsh at the McDonalds on 55 near the park. Anyone else who works in the park is welcome to join me at McDonalds for lunch this month (jusy e-mail me to set a time). I'd also like to have a Saturday or evening get together (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur)

  LEGOfest shortcut now working (allegedly)!

I received an e-mail from come.to today saying that they'd fixed the V3 shortcut to point to Tony's LEGOfest page: (URL) ever you misplace your post for Tony's URL, you might be able to remember this one! Jon. (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Met onze LEGO naar een modelspoorbeurs

(...) Hallo Erik, Lijkt me een goed idee, laat tijdig iets weten, dan kan ik proberen om eens langs te komen. Hoeveel zo'n beurzen zijn er in Nederland? Bij mijn bescheiden mening is er in Belgie maar 1. Mijn droom is om met mijn Lego verzameling (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: How to McDonald's Sets Cheaper!

(...) Hm, I'll have to do either of those... (...) Poor kitty :-) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Soft Opening

(...) ImageMagick will do mass thumbnails. Maybe not as auto-magically as some other tools, but it's free, and it runs on any platform. Steve (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Another Question About making .icb's

Hey Group, I'm currently trying to get assembly files to work with my HB, i've discovered that the exe I need; as11_hb.exe only runs on UNIX, so you have to use (URL) to assemble the files, which I might say is a little inconvenient. So, where can I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: News on the 2000 space line!

(...) Huh? You mean on the Millenium Falcon, when they were shooting TIE fighters? There were transparent panels between the heroes and their guns. Steve (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Need ideas for vehicle

(...) Yeah, what he said--I've already done the minifig-scale Goliath, so someone HAS to do the Siege Tank (especially now that we've got the "feet" with which to do it)! LFB, who really REALLY needs a digital camera. (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mc Donalds Duplo

(...) i got one of these too. it looks an awful lot like a promo item that was available by mail-in with kellogg's cereal box tops about ten years ago (i'm pretty sure it is the same set). i wonder if this will be the only duplo item available (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Ohio get together??

[lugnet.loc.us.oh.* snipped, x-posted to lugnet.promo, f-ups to lugnet.promo] (...) Who didn't? I did both lunch and supper at McD's. (...) I didn't *exactly* give my wife a choice, although if she had objected enough, I'd have changed course. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.promo)

  Re: My new Engine

(...) I was able to look at the pictures so no need unless you wanted to add captions. Hope to see more work from you (says me who hasn't even scanned the pictures I have so far...need to get a digital camera). (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) That sounds great! There should at least be a plan for an informal get-together. Unfortunately, I can't be there. :(:( Camp Fire Boys & Girls have a standing event on the first Saturday in December--march in the local Christmas parade, and go (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Train auc:7866,4554,...

Welcome to Alan's First Train Auction! This auction includes a selection of 4.5V, 9V, and 12V sets, parts, and accessories. Please read the descriptions carefully before bidding (although everything is basically complete and in excellent (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Official LEGO site has MindFest pics

What is Henry's last name? We'll add it right away. Russ (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.events)

  Re: Categorizing uploaded robot images on legomindstorms.com

Hi Ralph! Good to meet you at MindFest. (...) Yes, users will be able to categorize their own inventions, putting their creations in up to 4 or 5 categories. Regards, Russ (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Categorizing uploaded robot images on legomindstorms.com

(...) Hmm, Russell's message wasn't actually sent through mail -- it was posted via the web: (URL) this browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Mac_PowerPC) According to the raw HTTP/CGI logs for recently posted articles, the incoming text was (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 7144 Slave 1 (pre-release guess)

(...) Mmmm...High screen res good... ;) (...) Possibly, but it is hard to say. It definitely has projections on both sides, though. It should be a simple matter to make him fit, I'll look at it when I get a chance. (...) Ahh... Thought so. Yeah, I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  FT: UK Bricks 'n Pieces club mags

I have 4 duplicate copies of the UK club mag for trade; Spring 93 (gc, quiz on back page cut out) Autumn 93 (gc, order form filled in) Spring 94 (vgc, 50p money off coupon still intact!) Summer 94 (vgc, quiz filled in) I will trade them for any (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Official LEGO site has MindFest pics

(...) Hmm. Unfortunately, it doesn't give Henry the credit he deserves for having built the car himself, and it doesn't mention the other members of NELUG who had their own tables as being members. The former is much worse than the latter, in my (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.events)

  Re: McDonald's LEGO Happy Meal program

In lugnet.general, Michael Huffman writes: -snip- (...) I've met Dan, he's a complete goofball. And if you know me, you know that's the highest praise! Dan is one of the most enthusiastic LEGO employees in Enfield, I'm sure that's why they kept him (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Categorizing uploaded robot images on legomindstorms.com

(...) Ummmm, WELCOME! <snipped many good categories> (...) I am assuming a mailer problem or you forgot the "r" at the end... :-) Will users be able to categorize their own inventions, and will there be more than one category per invention? If I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) That's the one I assumed you meant--it's the only yellow propeller. (...) Ah. I can understand that POV, but it's an unusual way of thinking about a standard brick. Steve (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  RE: 1.0 to 1.5 upgrade

(...) You can't control the Scout from the PC with the RIS 1.5 update. All you get is instructions on how to control the Scout from a RCX by sending IR messages. There's a little sample program in the manual (screen shot), and a list of the IR codes (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: McDonalds Info

(...) I'd say (without having other pink pieces on hand to compare it to), that the pink in the McD's birdie-plane is definitely between the light and darker pinks of Paradisa. But I wouldn't described it as a 'true' pink -- it's too bold. Steve Set (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) there (...) Well, I finally managed to get ahold of some of these, and my slope with Ronald's image has the (c) LEGO on the inside. eric (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Update Auction Sets from the 70's, Edition 3

* * * Sets from the 70's: Edition 3 * * * Set Name St Bid Bidder 365 Wild West Scene - 160 John DiRienzo 369 Coastguard - 60 min. 371 Sea plane - 40 Hao-yang 376 House with Garden - 40 Hao-yang 377 Shell Station - 35 Hao-yang 617 Cowboys - 15 min. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ed Boxer Goes to Enfiled - reformatted and updated

Ed: (...) Nice. It is a good overview of the images (except that I almost missed the right-most quarter :-). I prefer this to the old version, but... It would be VERY practical if it wasn't necessary to arrange images in tables to get the captions (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Categorizing uploaded robot images on legomindstorms.com

Folks, We'd like to categorize the robot/invention photos that have been uploaded to legomindstorms.com. I've come up with a tentative list of categories that I wanted to show the group before we begin the process of tagging the existing collection. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  organize a toolkit site (was Re: walker that turns?)

(...) A non-Lego(TM) "Constructopedia" has been discussed before for just that purpose. The most promising work seems to be the Kego Constructopedia. See (URL) project seems to be in the hands of university students. In the mean time, I propose (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Byte Code listings

(...) Hello, A description of RCX bytecodes is given by Kekoa Proudfoot in his RCX Internals: (URL) I think it is the most detailed description publicly available. Søren (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  info on pneumatics

Hi All I have just ordered some pneumatic cylinders and pumps from Lego Service, but they did not have any tubing or accumulators/air tanks (at least December, and when I phoned in October I was told November.) Has anybody any alternative sources in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Coby Bassett's raytraced versions of Karim Nassar's microfig SW models (was: Re: BURP Adventure)

(...) Wow, I never noticed this before: (URL) page of raytraced versions of Karim Nassar's microfig SW models, including a rotating GIF animation of a Lambda Shuttle. :) --Todd (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Thanks for the kind words Paul. The Spiked Fist is undergoing a major overhaul after a not so successful battle with the Space Police. I'm going to try and put pictures of it up before Thanksgiving. Felix (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: BURP Adventure (Re: Conclusion of the Halloween Lego Design Contest)

(...) I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that! Plus the sideways "alternative" view on the side of the box. :) BTW, Coby has produced quite a few other LEGO raytraces...if you haven't yet seen his site, check it out! (URL) can't believe it was just (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

  Re: TRU pricebreak

I'm finding my local Tesco's in Harlow Essex to be great value for many Lego sets. A few weeks ago I picked up two Technic Superbikes for £9.99 each and on Friday I was amazed to find the Tie Fighter and Y Wing set for ..... £19.99 ;-) Cool. I think (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Met onze LEGO naar een modelspoorbeurs

In navolging van wat de amerikanen doen, lijkt het me leuk om eens met een LEGOlandschap op een spoorbeurs te gaan staan, zoals Eurospoor in Utrecht, dat net weer achter ons ligt. Ruim de tijd dus om ons voor te bereiden op volgend jaar. Laat me (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Get together

(...) I'd like to get together when you're in town. Mark Chan was actually thinking of hosting a LEGO fest at his house over the holidays so the timing works out well. Andreas Stabno stabno@megsinet.net (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: Soft Opening

I use Front Page (but only the editor) and it has a thumb nail maker built in. A real time saver. For all the bad-mouthing I hear about Front Page I generally like it (I do love to bash MS when ever possible). The latest Photoshop has a batch mode (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: what is the main purpose of datsville?

(...) Actually, I believe John said it was supposed to be like evolving town idea book, with .dat files as downloadable instructions. Therefore, almost anything town related is permitted to have a place there. Jeff "How I wonder why no one tries to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Unofficial pneumatics pieces?

Frederik Yes, I saw your airtank. Nice work IMHO and saved me a lot of time. Hope it goes official sometime. Cheers JP (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ohio get together??

What? Us plan? Come on, Jorge, you know us better than that. Seriously, what is the state of affairs? And for Columbus, does anyone know a of a free space we could get for a few hours? Since almost all of my lego is unsorted right now, I've thought (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cin, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Soft Opening

Steve- Thanks! I was just trying to live up to the standards the pnltc.org site sets. <g> The thumbnail overlays are from a program called debabbelizer that I used to create them. I haven't sprung for the full verision yet, and the demo splashes the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

Skipped 8 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact