 Robotics / 7838
RE: 1.0 to 1.5 upgrade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:17:30 GMT

My question too.
I paid for both the RIS 1.0 and the Scout, but 'll be missing out on the new
software to control the Scout from pc, which is in the RIS 1.5 update. I
strongly believe this 'patch' should be available for download from the
mindstorms site (or else we shouldn't be hesitant to distribute it among
enthousiasts..)

You can't control the Scout from the PC with the RIS 1.5 update. All you get is
instructions on how to control the Scout from a RCX by sending IR messages.
There's a little sample program in the manual (screen shot), and a list of the
IR codes the scout understands. That's it. It explicitely says in the manual
that you can't download any programs into the Scout.

Tilman