 Robotics / 7820
Re: 1.0 to 1.5 upgrade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:46:12 GMT

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote in message ...
Harrie de Leeuw <harrie.de.leeuw@chello.nl> wrote:
Below are some products offered by http://www.legoworldshop.com
What I do not understand is that the upgrade kit from 1.0 to 1.5
can already be ordered, but the complete 1.5 will be available in
January 2000.  Can somebody explain?

Maybe they want to get rid of the 1.0 sets, and to encourage that, they are
not selling the 1.5 sets just yet.  Instead, they will sell you a 1.0 set
with a free upgrade.

Now if they do that, why can't I get an upgrade for free?

My question too.
I paid for both the RIS 1.0 and the Scout, but 'll be missing out on the new
software to control the Scout from pc, which is in the RIS 1.5 update. I
strongly believe this 'patch' should be available for download from the
mindstorms site (or else we shouldn't be hesitant to distribute it among
enthousiasts..)

Eric