 Marketplace / Auctions / 3014
Re: this is another strange auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 23:52:26 GMT

Will Middelaer wrote:

Boy, is it just me, or is bidding $500+ on an auction being run by someone
with absolutely no feedback at all a little risky?

I'd go with "yes".

In a similar situation I had someone local (Thank you SPROAT!!!) go by
with the money (1) and complete the deal for me. That's the power of our
community, we have resources the average eBay buyer doesn't!

Note that you should, IMHO, check with the seller before you bid if you
plan to deviate from the stated terms. That is only polite. I have a
buyer right now who shorted me 50 cents on shipping on a lot without
checking with me first  and I may or may not let him slide...

1 - that I had expressed them