 Trains / Train Organizations / 143
Re: Soft Opening
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:18:07 GMT

I use Front Page (but only the editor) and it has a thumb nail maker built in.
A real time saver. For all the bad-mouthing I hear about Front Page I
generally like it (I do love to bash MS when ever possible).

The latest Photoshop has a batch mode that you could run an entire Dir thru
and reduce to a specific width. Also the is Paint Shop Pro that does this and
it used to be free to "Try before you buy." http://www.jasc.com/ There are
some issues landscape vs portrait mode though...
SteveB

In lugnet.trains.org, John Kelly writes:
Steve-

Thanks!  I was just trying to live up to the standards the pnltc.org site • sets.
<g>  The thumbnail overlays are from a program called debabbelizer that I used
to create them.  I haven't sprung for the full verision yet, and the demo
splashes the company name over the top of the thumbnail.

-john

In lugnet.trains.org, Steven Barile writes:
John,
The site looks very nice. I don't have time to look at it all but the • graphics
and layout is very nice. I am inspired to give PNLTC site a face lift but • time
is tight. Good work!

I did notice something. There is text on top of some thumbnails in the "alien
dig" area is that an artifact of the authoring app?

SteveB
PNLTC

In lugnet.trains.org, John Kelly writes:
I am pleased to announce the soft opening of the Greater Midwest LEGO Train
Club's web site.  The IP address may change and the DNS entry is not set • yet,
but if you'd like to view the site during this soft opening, you can find it • at
http://63.74.171.239.

Thanks

-John Kelly