 Dear LEGO / 485
484  |  486
Subject:
Help The Homeless In Legoville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 01:06:58 GMT

Dear LEGO,

I have noticed a disturbing trend in recent years that will affect any cities
made by the average child using the standard LEGO sets available.  Do you
realize that, thanks to your current policy, most of the citizens of a basic
LEGO town are HOMELESS!?!?

Just look at the sets available!  The citizens of a standard town you can make
with LEGO sets (let's call this town Legoville) are bereft of the most basic
needs of society!  They have police and fire departments, yes, but they have to
sleep in their cars, or hang out at the train station all night long!  There
are no houses in Legoville!

Worse, these people are bored out of their plastic skulls.  They can't go out
to catch a movie, there are no movie houses or theatres!  They can't go to the
library or bookstore and find something to read, such places don't exist in
Legoville.  And schools!  There may not be any children in Legoville, but
surely there is a need for higher education.  Where are the schoolhouses and
universities?  The only pasttimes for LEGO folk in Legoville are working at the
garage.

And the food in Legoville... bleh.  If they are lucky, they have a Pizza place,
otherwise, it's McDonalds every day for every meal!

And most crucial to the continued happiness of the simple LEGO folk in
Legoville, they have no hospital.  Sure, there are emergency facilities for
short-term care, but what happens if they catch a terminal bug (or get sick
from too much McDonald's food)?  They get to spend the rest of their life
sleeping in a car, that's what!

As a concerned third party, I strongly urge you to start the manufacture of
sets that will improve the quality of life in Legoville.  Make a Library set,
or a Theatre.  Give children a choice of houses.  Create a University or School
set (can you imagine the fun of tearing that apart for some children?).  Make a
Hospital.  Now, I don't expect life to improve in Legoville immediately, but
certainly a set or two along these lines could be released twice a year or so!
Please consider it!

Thank you for listening, and please, remember the homeless of Legoville during
your next design meeting.

Yours Truly,

Laura Gjovaag