 Dear LEGO / 486
Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:24:42 GMT

Laura Gjovaag wrote in message ...
Dear LEGO,

I have noticed a disturbing trend in recent years that will affect any • cities
made by the average child using the standard LEGO sets available.  Do you
realize that, thanks to your current policy, most of the citizens of a • basic
LEGO town are HOMELESS!?!?

Just look at the sets available!  The citizens of a standard town you can • make
with LEGO sets (let's call this town Legoville) are bereft of the most • basic
needs of society!  They have police and fire departments, yes, but they • have to
sleep in their cars, or hang out at the train station all night long! • There
are no houses in Legoville!

I agree. I think if Lego would offer some standard town buildings they
would attract more girls. As well as have a happier town of minifigs. I can
build my own buildings, however the special parts would make it more
attractive.

This topic came up yesterday in a conversation I had with another mother
about how Lego could attract more girls.  She suggested apartment buildings
or multiuse buildings.

Please don't provide more pink themes, I find it rather insulting. I beleive
that it, (the pink, Scala, Belville) provides a barrier to the other sets
rather than providing a bridge to the other sets.

Rose