 Dear LEGO / 488
Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 01:46:10 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

Is the pink-split because adults seek out stereotyped toys to give to their
children, nieces and nephews etc, rather than toys that the children would get
the most creative play from? If so then this is yet more evidence Lego has
become a market-follower rather than an innovator which is a depressing
thought.

Perhaps TLG has a case of Barbie-envy. One K-Mart toy manager even told
me that they used to keep the Belville sets on the Barbie aisle. Also,
don't forget that TLG used to make a 1688 'Lego System, specially for
her' set. It came in a pink bucket that TLG (apparently) borrowed from
Duplo Family Home (2552). The studs on top of the bucket lib say 'Duplo'.

Ray