 Dear LEGO / 497
Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 00:08:07 GMT

Laura & All,

(Maybe this should be re-directed to another group?)

Laura Gjovaag wrote:

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, R2 wrote:

Whenever I play Lego with my son I always find myself creating a "town" type
infrastructure because the house/doll playing is something that I can really
relate to.

I loved LEGO sets for my town setup. I have had many, and I always loved
combining the Space and Town themes, for a future world kind of setting.

The paradisa series was a step in the right direction, however I felt that
the pink bricks gave it a "separation" to the other sets. The series did
have some great detail and parts.

I did like the Paradisa theme, even with pink (I still don't like it!) Poolside
Paradise is one of my favorite sets (It had a cool house and a black convertible
a.k.a. Corvette! :) )

I loved the lighthouse set (Dolphin Point?) but wanted to rebuild it
without any pink.  I wasn't able to find all the pieces I needed.  Maybe I
could do it now.  They also put out a horse and corral set that had a pony
(I think) that was very cool and female friendly.  Both of those sets were
minifig scale, as I recall.  I also loved the Guarded Inn set, one of my
favorites when I came out of my mini-dark ages and started buying Castle.

I took out all the pink parts of the Paradisa sets I own, I have them still, I
don't know if I want to sell them yet or not. It was a nice and different theme!

The Scala and Belleville series
have some great parts, but then the scale to the regular sets are different
and they aren't "building" sets.

They are ugly sets.  They scream "GIRLS!  PLEASE BUY OUR PRODUCT!  LOOK!
WE EVEN USED PINK FOR YOU!"  Ugh.  Whatever marketing genius thought up
those sets really needs to grow a brain.  Truly hideous.

Yes, but I did buy Prince Justin for a joke (Monty Python prince Alice /
Herbert) for a co-worker. He got a kick out of it!