 Dear LEGO / 495
Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:33:52 GMT

Ray Sanders wrote in message

I grew up in Florida also, I still live here :)  Send on the pink, the
pastels, the lavenders. Give me something that resembles 'novelty'
(wooden) siding and I will create a 1920s Florida seaside town. Heck, if
I had enough pink (and I do mean huge quantities, bricks plates &
arches) I could even build the Don CeSar hotel from St. Pete beach !

Ray Sanders

I know the Don Cesar very well. Hey maybe they could get a Don Cesar Lego
promo set. I do agree that a seaside town can be quaint, however, my point
is that not all girls like pink. But then again getting me to wear a dress,
until the age of 11, was like pulling teeth.

I just really love Lego and I am an engineer. I find the lack of interest
among girls to enter the engineering fields and play with Lego are somewhat
related and they are both topics that I care deeply about. I think that
society and girls have a lot of misconceptions about both, engineering and
Lego, and I wish that we could find some way to attract more girls.

Whenever I play Lego with my son I always find myself creating a "town" type
infrastructure because the house/doll playing is something that I can really
relate to. I even asked for a Duplo house for my birthday last year so that
I could play "house" with my son. This year I asked for the Fort Legoredo,
so I guess I am progressing.

The paradisa series was a step in the right direction, however I felt that
the pink bricks gave it a "separation" to the other sets. The series did
have some great detail and parts. I wish they could continue this type of
set but with "normal" colors. Then the rescue sets, western, train, etc.
would complement the town structure better. The Scala and Belleville series
have some great parts, but then the scale to the regular sets are different
and they aren't "building" sets.

Rose