 Trains / 2526
Re: Level Crossing Barrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 23:21:59 GMT

This part is easy to replace!.  All you have to do is buy another pack of
points from lego, as they include 3 of them with each pack.  Otherwise, I could
send you one if you really need it.

This is generous offer and I'd like to take you up on it. Before I do,
what are the possibilities of getting a replacement direct from Lego
themselves? People here (Lugnet in general) often talk of Lego providing
replacements for missing items in boot fair / yard sale "FOTW's", but I
wouldn't know where to start asking. Since rediscovering Lego (mainly
due to Mindstorms), I've not seen any train sets in local shops,
including TRU, Beatties etc. I'm not even sure of the last time I saw
them. I'd quite like to get more track etc. but ebay looks like the
place for lottery winners only. I've got a reasonable amount of stuff,
esp. 4.5v trains from the 70's that would probably fetch a mint in an
ebay type auction, but my heart strings won't let me do it; a few quid
won't repay 25 year old memories :).

It may be time to dig out my Busy Bee price list, when I bought my 8880
from them a few weeks back, I saw a lot of furore about a Blue Hopper
Truck in the NGs, now I even know what one is!
--
Simon Gammon           Email     simon@gammon.demon.co.uk
                       Snail     Helensburgh, Scotland