 Trains / 2518
2517  |  2519
Subject:
Level Crossing Barrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:09:16 GMT

I've just acquired a Level Crossing(4539), along with a couple of extra
sets, from a boot fair. Everything is in extremely good condition and
only three items appear to be missing. These are the swing arms from the
Level crossing, the little red barrel mover from the main set (4563) and
a yellow points changer. I haven't actually seen the sets yet as my mum
(bless her) was the one who actually bought them. (Perhaps if mum had
told the guy that her son was 32, he might have upped his 10 quid a
bit!).
I presume I will be able to duplicate the points changer, and the barrel
thingy shouldn't be too sad a loss, but I would like to replace the arms
for the crossing.

The scenario: "I've lost my level crossing but I'm left with only these
two barriers" seems like quite unlikely, so, failing "proper"
replacements, can anyone perhaps provide the measurements of the arms so
that I can make a couple from modelling plastic / balsa wood?

Any tips for fixing the points changer (or even a better picture than
the Brickshelf scan*) would also be gratefully received.

* No offence meant here, KL's site is awesome.
--
Simon Gammon           Email     simon@gammon.demon.co.uk
                       Snail     Helensburgh, Scotland