 Trains / 2517
Re: My new Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:56:30 GMT

Thanks for the comments Larry and Ed.  I stuck the space rocket piece on
there as a quick fix, I plan on revisiting it soon.  I also want to redo
the fans on top with something larger than a 2x2 round plate.  I also want
to work on the front end a little more also.  When I'm happy with it, I
plan
on getting some decals.

EL maroon is just about brown anyway.
Oh yeah, I meant to write maroon, I was thinking burgundy for some reason..

The EL is probably my favorite line, mainly since my dad models it in
N-scale.
Unfortunately, I was born a little late to witness(remember) much of it.
You can still see bits and pieces of it scattered through NJ and PA.

I think that the B-unit would be an F-7 since both the Erie and DL&W used
them
for freight service only.  Both lines purchased F-3's for passenger service
and
then upgraded to E-units.

The particular GP35 in the prototype photo survived into Conrail- it was
retired in 9/94 and scrapped in 11/96.  Thirty years old at retirement.

If any of you are interested in the EL check out
http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood/el.html
This site also has some great info on many other railroads

-Chris